Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Logan

Quickslider - Slide Text & Overlay

Ryan Logan
  • Latest version of DMS Pro, w/ the DMS Pro Tools plugin 
  • Latest version of WordPress
  • No child theme

After reading way too many forum posts, I understand the forum moderators each have their own area of expertise (LESS, CSS, etc.) and offer different advice for their respective area.  For now, I'm looking for the easiest way to make these customizations.  I'll have more time hear soon to do things the "right" way.  This is my first DMS project and just trying not to give up on it.  I love(d) Pagelines Framework.

Question 1:  I put text into 4 different Slides, in order to test the different text locations (e.g bottom right).  Slides 1 and 4 show the text on the left, while Slides 2 and 3 show the text on the right.  Why does the text on the left default to a larger "gray area"?  See attached image.

Question 2:  How do I go about changing the overlay of the sliders?  It was so easy and looked so awesome...in Pagelines Framework.

Danny

Hi,

1. I see no image attached, I tried to view your site but it had issues loading. So can you show us what you're seeing please.

2. How do you mean, from my recollection there were only two overlays in PageLines Framework the same as in DMS. You could possibly add more overlays by customizing the section yourself. 

Please search our forums, before posting!

Ryan Logan

I designed my business site w/ Framework v2, which shows the desired overlay, on the landing page.  What I failed to mention is that I used framework's "Features" to accomplish that look and I'm looking to replicate that look in DMS.  My understanding is that "Features" are no longer available and instead, Quickslider should be used.

I'm able to load my test site from multiple PCs.  Not sure why it won't load for you.  

My test site shows my Quickslider issues, but I've also included a link to the image...showing the issues.  

In Framework v2, within a "Feature", you simply choose your image, the location of the desired text, the styling (overlay, no overlay, etc.) and entered your text.  See settings here.

Thank you.

Ryan Logan

Ok, I figured this out.  However, unless I'm missing something, entering "Slide Text" his a big step backwards, compared to Pagelines Framework v2 "Features".  The "Features" give you a section where you can enter and format text, similar to the WordPress page/post editor.  Again, unless I'm missing something, the Quickslider "Slide Text" option, gives you this little box that holds approx 80 characters.  Once you go past 80 characters, the additional characters are hidden, along with any HTML markup that was used to format the text.

Please see this image.

James B

Hi there,

The Framework had two sliders, Feature slider and Quickslider. Quickslider was included in DMS but Rev Slider replaced the feature slider as this is a modified version of Revolution slider which was requested in the Framework previous by quite a few clients.

Rev slider is a full width section in DMS, it will give the effect closer to what you're looking for. The previous feature slider worked off of custom post types where as the new sliders require you to enter the text snippet directly into the DMS control panel. I would imagine this was done so there would be no need to go back into the wp admin and that everything was controlled via the front end.

The closest thing I can find to features (in style and format) is http://www.pagelines.com/shop/sections/post-slider/ from the pagelines store. You'd have to create a category of posts for the slides you wanted to create and then use that category in the slider etc.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Ryan Logan

Cool, I'll check out the post-slider.  No way to make the Rev Slider to not be full-width huh?  Bummer.

Danny

The RevSlider section is a full width section. So I am confused as to what you mean ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Ryan Logan

Understood.  I'm all good.

James B

You can reduce the width/height of the rev slider container using css to make it not appear full width. Like - http://screencast.com/t/26Y3ed110

.revslider-container {
    margin: 0 auto;
    max-height: 280px !important;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0;
    position: relative;
    width: 80% !important;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B