Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex S

Local Margin Width?

Alex S

Hi everyone,

For a blog page on my site, I'd like to have the width of the page to be wider than that of the rest of the site. Is there any way I can go about doing this?

James B

Hi there,

I think you'd be able to do this using css. The blog page has it's own class, so if you add that prior to the css for setting the page width you should be able to adjust this without effecting the rest of the site. You can check in firebug to see the exact class for the page, looking on the site link in your profile it looks like the blog page on your site is using the default template, not the blog template. Are you using a plugin to pull in the posts?

.page-id-1400 body.display-full .pl-content {

max-width: insert chosen pixel size;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Alex S

James B I'll try that CSS and let you know how it goes.

The reason that I'm using a default template is because the blog template loads the posts without images and only short excerpts (is there a better way to go about posting blogs with Pagelines?)

James B

Hi there, just to follow up on the last question in the DMS postloop options you can set to show/hide the thumbnails for the post. Need to make sure a feature image is set in the post for it to display - http://screencast.com/t/xryxY7yoR2nv

Also you can edit the length of the excerpt by entering a figure into the 'number of words field' - http://screencast.com/t/mzClCSRQQJ

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

James B

You're welcome, glad you've resolved :-)

James B