Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micstepl

DMS Editor Crash

micstepl+    15
micstepl

dear team,

my site worked flawlessly until now. I did not do any upgrade, nor install any new plugin etc. SUDDENLY my site CRASHED when doing a minor refresh. (using WordPress 3.7.1.).

ACTUAL ERROR Description

• the site looks beautiful in any browser (FireFox, Explorer ...)
  • the site looks awful when in CHROME EDIT MODE  (see screenshot)
  • the site looks beautiful in  CHROME, when EDIT mode is switched off (see screenshot)

Previous issues I saw

• Chrome got stuck (took massively long)
  • only a shut-down & re-open helped

Trouble Shoting I did No1

• deactivated all plugins etc.
  • closed browser
  • shut down MAC
  • re-opened browser
  • SAME ISSUE

Trouble Shoting I did No2

• unistalled Chome
  • shut down MAC
  • re-Installed Chrome
  • SAME ISSUE

Trouble Shoting I did No3

• during "crappy edit mode view"
  • I inserted sections, as usual > published
    > the result looks totally normal in other browsers / Chrome with edit switched off

What is the Problem?

What is the quick Fix to that?

I suppose something got wrong with the DMS install / How to reinstahl this EDITOR part of DMS?

requesting urgent support

,Michael

micstepl+    15
micstepl

I partially solved the problem by myseld!

i recently bought the Theme: Sophistique, but used only one section (collapser) of it in my own empty child theme.

Deinstalling this theme, solved the problem !

... additional information I want to give for  Sophistique

Collapser worked in the beginning, but than ...

• when editing one (already existent) custom-collapser-post and saving it ...
  • it moved it just to "normal psts" (without asking)
  • and the content was no more available in Collagier (and no chance to get it back)

sophistique

James B    436
James B

Hi Michael

I've moved this thread into the store product forum so the author of the Sophistique theme can advise further for you.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

micstepl+    15
micstepl

obviously Enrique is on sleep :(

no reply since 1 week :(

micstepl+    15
micstepl

no reply since 2 weeks  :(  :(  :(

• Similar Content

• blingoblam
      By blingoblam
      My blog page isn't rendering properly for a reader - screenshot attached. They are using Internet Explorer 9.

It doesn't seem to be picking up the styling? The fonts are incorrect, and the white layer between the text and the background image is missing.

Site is www.dragonhallacademy.com

The post we were looking at is 

http://www.dragonhallacademy.com/restoring-an-older-delta-table-saw/

• photomom86
      By photomom86+
      I just purchased the DMS framework and the Sophistique child theme. I am needing help with setting the content or body font size... the content in a blog post only.

I have the global font size set to 18px and then I have this custom code in the custom css area

body{ font-size:22px !important;}

but this code also changes the font size of the Sophistique contact bar... which I do not want. Anyone know the code to only change the font size in the blog post content area only?

Or vice versa, I could set the global font to 22px and then use custom code for the contact bar font in custom css.

I've tried to use the chrome developer tools to figure this out to no avail. Thanks!

url is stagegecg.com

• Steve Fitzpatrick
      By Steve Fitzpatrick
      Hi Enrique,

Just launched this theme for a client - great stuff!

I'm having trouble working out how to get the text under each menu item. Can you let me know how?
    • progressive01
      By progressive01
      Hi,

I am running the latest version of DMS and wordpress using the Sophistique theme. The websites I have using this combo are breaking badly in IE9.

Is it just a theme issue? And if so is it the whole theme or just one component which is breaking it? Can I stop using that part and get it working?

The client needs it working in IE9 as we are getting lots of calls about it - can this be fixed or do we need to rebuild not using this theme?

Appreciate any help and advice you can give.