Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eirild

Templates in Framework vs. DMS?

Eirild

So I used to have Pagelines Framework and just bought and installed DMS pro - so pardon if this is a silly question. In Framework I had templates for post pages, pages, blog and so on, where I could add the sections I wanted. Now that DMS is installed, I only have "default template", "Feature template" and "Landing page". Which is fine, I'm just wondering how I find out which template is currently on my posts now right after DMS installation, and what happened to the blog template that was in Framework?

Do I have to create a new template for the blog used on my posts (that has to be choosen every time I create a new post) or how do I go about it?

Danny

Hi,

You can create a template yourself, for your pages, posts and other special pages such as archive, category etc...

To do this, go to the page you wish to have a custom template and then design your template dragging your sections into position configure them. Once completed, go to DMS Toolbar > Templates and from there you can create a template based off your layout, name it and so forth.

Then you can assign this template to other pages if you wish to have a similar setup. You can also set that template or any template you create to be your default layout, when creating new pages.

To create a custom layout for your Blog page or posts, simply go to your Blog page or a post and design your layout, then assign the template to that Blog page or post. At the moment you can not have individual category templates, or posts, but this has been reported and will hopefully be included in an upcoming patch.

For more information see our documentation - http://docs.pagelines.com/configure/using-templates

Please search our forums, before posting!