This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fixed Width problem

I do not want to use a mobile theme on my new site. I also do not want my site to change width in small screens like cellphones. I used fixed width, but that did not stop the changes. I tried adding the code:

DIV.boxed-wrap.site-translate { width: 1102px !important; }

That code stopped the main content from changing size, but my footer area, side bars, and hero sections still change sizes on smaller screens. I hae not been able to stop that. Is there a way of doing that in CSS?

My site is icecapid.com

James B

Hi there, Simon has made a filter for turning off the responsive aspect of your DMS site. Please see - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/31053-dms-111-disable-mobile-view/?hl=dms

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• Jared Smith
      By Jared Smith+
      I'm trying to make a visible border around the entirety of a client's site.  Example on some other site here:

So it is around the Title, Menu, and Content Area.  I'm having a bit of difficulty with this on pagelines, using the Framework theme. It's slightly more complex because the site has a "landing page" that doesn't need the border. Much like this homepage
      Right now I'm using a content width of 80%, and fullscreen.  But maybe thats not the best way to do it.  
      So, with the #site id, I can hit the whole area on most of the site, but I'm not sure how I can remove it for just one page.
      #site { border:1px solid #ccc; margin: 100px 5% 5% 50px; } anyone have any suggestions?  Maybe I need to go make a child template, not sure?  Thanks!
    • janpeeters
      By janpeeters+
      First let me say that I think PL5 is a great innovation. The speed is ridiculous, love it. Works on all browsers, terrific. Pages are 'clean', no lines in between sections/columns etc, great! Usability is good but I had to get used to it a bit after being on DMS1/2 for quite a while. But this is understandable with so much changes and a changed editor orientation.
      I didn't have a quite the fluent transition path from DMS2 to PL5. I thought to have read that Andrew mentioned on the forums somewhere that DMS2 would be upgradable but I guess that idea was not sustainable with all the changes. Lot's of sections disappeared from the pages when transitioning to PL5. 
      So I'm now in the proces of recreating my site from https://janpeeters.nl to https://janpeeters.nl/jms/
      My main question is this: Is there still a boxed modus available? I did find sidebar options besides 'Full width' under 'Select Layout' but no boxed mode. I've tried to set a 'Content Width' in 'Settings' and tried to enter a 'Column Basis Width' for '%main'. To no avail. I can see the Content Width setting change the width of the content but sections like Flipper still behave as full width. 
      I first thought that my Background Manager plugin might cause the problems, but it's the same when activated or deactivated. So I reactivated it.
      Some other wishes and observations:
      I would love image previews and search in the media picker. Text for images is not so great.  I have erratic behaviour in 'content height/width' fields when entering numbers. Values I enter get overwritten and I can't change them by placing the cursor in the number. I have to 'select all' the value and reenter it. I see this in Chrome. There is a 1 px shift with the overlay of Flipper. (very detaily detail) it's 1px too much to the right. Future wishes:
      More granular typography control. E.g. being able to set a different font size for flipper post-titel and date. I can do this with a child theme so no real problem, but I see my need for child themes become less with PL5 so if I could skip it why not? I was wondering if Google Font and Typekit API's would provide a way to transport their font-names into PL5 so that you can choose the linked fonts and their weights in font menu's.   Thanks for all the great work.
    • mikeo9043
      By mikeo9043
      Is it possible to take the default DMS theme and make it fixed with borders on the top, right, left and bottom? I'm not the best with CSS and I've tried a few different things trying to add borders but it just adds a border to each individual section on the page instead of just straight across the top or straight down the left or right side.
    • lemonstripe
      By lemonstripe+
      I want to keep the width of my site at 1100px wide.  I have changed it to fixed width and set it to 1100 using the dms adjuster and every time it resets itself to 1120 even after I have saved it.  Anyone else having this problem??