Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RapidTabs Popular Calculation

2 posts in this topic

As a follow up to this comment thread, I'd like to suggest an enhancement to RapidTabs Popular tab. Currently, Popular is calculated using Comment count. And it seems to be using total comment count since the beginning of time.  It would be very nice to have two options added:

• Choose Page Views or Comments as the metric
  • Add a function to choose recency, e.g., Yesterday, Last Week, All Time ... or ... [#] Days

1 person likes this

Thanks for the feedback.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• How does "Popular Posts" rate what is popular?
      By ketri+

My client is asking how does DMS rate what post is most popular? She says that several others have been liked more. I understand that social media likes probably won't count of course. But does DMS just count the views somehow?

• Rapid tabs tweak
      By yasharozov
      I would like to tweak the rapidtabs section and I don't really know where to begin.
      Currently rapid tabs defaults to 4 views/tabs: popular posts, recent, comments and tags.
      I would like to hide/eliminate the popular posts tab so there are only 3 left.
      Can someone tell me how to code that and where to put it? Thanks :-)
    • How to remove RapidTabs?
      By Michael_J
      I'm trying to remove RapidTabs from my Sidebar.   I've removed it from the my Primary Sidebar under Widgets, and also from the main page sidebar but it seems to appear in every single post.  Isn't there a way to just remove it from all sidebars in all posts?
    • Rapid tabs Tags
      By fabienfons+
      Do you know if it's possible to hide the tags in rapidtabs ?
    • WPML and Flipper, RapidTabs
      By janpeeters+
      I've finally dug into my pocket to buy WPML and switch away from the free Polylang.
      Things mostly works but I'm running into a few problems. It is regarding the site I'm on latest DMS and pro plugin.
      Flipper (
      The flipper on the frontpage shows posts from both languages EN and NL (if you flip through it). I've already tried to activate 'Make themes work multilingual' in WPML but that didn't change a thing. All posts are properly tagged with the right language. And posts that are available in both languages are linked together. The behaviour that I'd expected is that posts get filtered by language.
      RapidTabs (
      With the .po file that I downloaded from Transifex I've been able to properly get words like 'Recent', 'Comments' etc translated to Dutch, but also here the posts are not filtered by language. 
      Thanks for some wisdom ;-)