Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

charrabennett

DMS error

charrabennett

I am getting a new error all of a sudden on a site that is causing the entire site to be down:

http://hughesedwards.com/

Warning: require_once(/home/content/14/11823114/html/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/init.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/14/11823114/html/wp-content/themes/dms/functions.php on line 21

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/14/11823114/html/wp-content/themes/dms/includes/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php') in /home/content/14/11823114/html/wp-content/themes/dms/functions.php on line 21

Please help!

James B

Hi there,

Both those errors seem to be pointing to the functions.php file, can you remember what you were doing jsut before the error appeared? Looking at line 21 that code calls the template directory and the error message seems to be saying there isn't one it can find.

Have you tried installing a fresh version of DMS in case there's a corruption somewhere, also try deactivating any plugins in case they're conflciting.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

charrabennett

I did not do anything to the functions.php file - the only thing I have done is updates using ManageWP which is remote access. I deactivated all plugins and that was not the issue. I did reinstall DMS via FTP and that did fix the problem. However I am concerned because I do not know what caused the issue. Is there a known issue with ManageWP and DMS?

Simon

There has never been an issue that we are aware of with managewp. I use it on my own website with DMS and have never had an issue.