Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mogulskier9

Custom CSS not working unexpectedly

mogulskier9    1
mogulskier9

Hello,

The Custom CSS for our site, 59secondpitch.com was working no problem and then it isn't picking it up anymore for some reason.  I tried deactivating all plugins, clearing the custom CSS in the editor and the fallback (saving,publishing,refreshing inbetween) and reloading, and still no luck.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Matt

James B    436
James B

Hi Matt

Looking in the source code for your site it's showing that there isn't any css in the css/LESS box. Is that where you add your css? Have you checked to see if you can add it in the fallback area in the wp admin > PageLines > css/LESS fallback? Check your code to make sure there isn't any errors, one error can sometimes stop the code from being read.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

thebrasseffect+    3
thebrasseffect

I'm having the same issue as well and I have checked to see if the code is under Pagelinges - DMS Fallback and it is there. Not sure what has happened but my site does not look the way it should without the CSS. My site is located at http://thebrasseffect.com

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

mogulskier9    1
mogulskier9

Hey James,

Yes it is in the fallback area as well.  It worked fine before and didn't make any changes to the code, so I'm not seeing any bugs that would affect it.  Can you take a look and advise?

Thanks,

Matt

59secondpitch.com

James B    436
James B

Hi Matt

Just checked again in the source code and nothings showing... whats the code in the css box?

If you want me to take a look inside the site please email hello @ pagelines.com with a link to this forum thread so we can tie the two together and an admin level login :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hi Matt - i have replied to your most recent email 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hello Matt 

If you copy your CSS and paste into the validator here http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ using the direct input tab you will see a number of errors. once you correct these your CSS  should work again. 

the validator returned 15 errors - i have pasted them for you here http://forum.pagelines.com/pst/p/5-wnqxkk/

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

thebrasseffect+    3
thebrasseffect

Not sure exactly what happened to my site but I removed one bit of css (wasn't really using it) and removed a space here and there and sites backup to looking a winner again :D

:phew:

Danny    1,327
Danny

If thats the case, it could well be that the code you used had an error, which was preventing the CSS below it from loading. Removing it resolved your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

mogulskier9    1
mogulskier9

Thanks for the great help as always guys!

• Like 1

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hi @matt 

Did the errors turn out to be the problem? 

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hi Matt - goo to hear - thank you for letitng us know :) 

• Similar Content

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      every since Chrome introduce scroll anchoring (see chrome://flags) blog posts on my page start scroll automatically as soon as the user scrolls down a bit. It is super annoying and I don't know exactly what triggers the incompatibility with Chrome's latest feature that is supposed to improve usability.
      Since I don't know what causes it (Pagelines, or a Plugin), I would like to disable the feature using a CSS override that Google describes as follow:
      "Scroll anchoring aims to be the default mode of behavior when launched, so that users benefit from it even on legacy content. A CSS property overflow-anchor can disable scroll anchoring in part or all of a webpage (opt out), or exclude portions of the DOM from the anchor node selection algorithm. This property supports the following values when applied to an element E:
      overflow-anchor: auto (the default value) declares that the DOM subtree rooted at E is eligible to participate in the anchor node selection algorithm for any scrolling box created by E or an ancestor of E. overflow-anchor: none declares that the DOM subtree rooted at E is not eligible to participate in the anchor node selection algorithm for any scrolling box created by E or an ancestor of E." Do you guys happen to know how to use that property with the ROOT element so it applies to the whole page?
      Thanks
      Michael 
    • Toolshed
      By Toolshed+
      Hello - I'm a registered Pagelines user. I tried to load my website today (toolshed.biz) in the DMS editor and received a message that the page was having trouble loading. I rarely make changes to my website so this was unexpected. I followed your support suggestions and checked for javascript errors using Chrome - when trying to load the page, it showed the following
      jquery-migrate.min.js:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
      pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:740 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'lang' of undefined
          at Object.reloadConfig (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:740)
          at Object.startUp (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:72)
          at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:10)
          at i (jquery.js:2)
          at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js:2)
          at Function.ready (jquery.js:2)
          at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js:2)
      303toolshed.biz/:1 Error in event handler for (unknown): TypeError: Cannot read property 'tab' of undefined
          at chrome-extension://kamiaabbnpncbobdiblhfogafnoefkae/contentscript.js:38:28
      I deactivated all my plug-ins prior to doing this except for:
      Pagelines Platform 5 v5.0.126
      Pagelines updater v. 1.2.9
      I'm not an expert coder or web developer, not really sure what this all means. Not sure what JQMIGRATE is (a plug-in? I don't see that in my plug-in list). Can you point me in the right direction?
      Thanks,
      Dick Huey
    • dbrowne02
      By dbrowne02+
      Hi, the DMS editor is not loading on landing page. It is working on all other pages. How do I fix this? the website is selborneproperties.com I have logged in and logged out, have disabled plugins. Thanks,
      David
    • wyo22ski
      By wyo22ski+
      Hello,

I'm basically a designer and understand a little on how to change CSS, etc., so please excuse my ignorance...  I recently upgraded to the newest platform from the DMS and my old DMS theme no longer functions.  I'm trying to replace the image slider that my Horizon Photography Theme (Nick Haskins) had created.  The Impulse image slider seemed the closest to what I need, but there are problems.
      It seems the the Impulse section for sliding images defaults to the image width, no the height.  I can change the Impulse stage height and width, but this does nothing to the internal content.  For instance, if I change the height to 200 pixels, the image remains the full width and only shows a cropped section.  I would like the ability to change the Impulse height, and have the image height fit space. 
      I've put this custom CSS in, but again, this only controls the stage height of Impulse:
      .pl-sn-impulse .pl-impulse-cell .cell-wrap, .pl-impulse-container, .owl-stage-outer {
        width: 100%;
      }

Any suggestions welcome.  Thanks 
    • Objectif-Mariage
      By Objectif-Mariage+
      Hello. 
      I have just realized that CSS (Less plugin) , is not working..... I have disable all plugins (except PL CUSTOM LESS and PL5) , and ... it's not working ... 
      It's not the first time. Usually I had trouble with a plugin name Autoptimize , but it's Desactivate now , all memory have been purge, and it's still not working! :-/ So it's not from this plugin. 
      NB : When I am logged on my website, if i go on the black wordpress dashboard bar, go on the PL icon, clic on </> LESS/CSS => then the page suddenly apply the CSS .... But As soon that i reload the page, nothing. I think the problem is that the plugin LESS/CSS does not load properly (if I can say that with my simples words).
      I order to keep the site "good looking" I have temporally copy/paste all my LESS code in a plugin : Script n Styles that apply the LESS/CSS code... but it's not a solution for long time.
      Can someone help me ? Did I do something wrong ? Is it an update ? 

my website : https://www.wedding-photography-minneapolis.com