Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Section Height (Responsive)

jmad

I have some larger sections in my design and on desktop want almost excessive space above and below the content but don't want as much space above and below on my responsive tablet/phone layouts.  I've accomplished this by establishing a large top/bottom padding and using an @media to reduce top/bottom padding on tablet/phone.  

My question is I'm using pixels to assign the larger space but if I used em would the space scale correctly.  I'm unclear how DMS is handling resizing.  Is there a guide to best scaling (least code) practices in DMS?  

James B

Hi there, I would say the best bet would be to use a % value. That will scale down evenly unless you have some browser specific code in place which would override on the mobile version. There isn't a guide on scaling unfortunately, its trial and error as each format will have it's own benefits depending on the final laout/result you're looking for.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B