Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kazebra

Do I have to use google chrome for editing?

Kazebra

Hello,

I installed the free DMS version on my wordpress-site and activated it. I also deactivated all installed plugins.

My problem is, I'm not able to find the visual editor tool on my front end. Going to "Pagelines" in the Dashboard and cklicking "edit Site with DMS" does not help either.

This is what I see on my front end:

[attachment=1885:PageLines.png]

Can you tell me if I need to install google chrome in order to work with pagelines, like it says in the left footer colum? I'm using Firefox and don't want to install google crome. Or what am I doing wrong here/ am I not understanding?

thanks alot,

Kazebra

Danny

HI,

Yes and no, In order to use the DMS Visual Editor and Toolbar, Google Chrome is required. The reason is, its the best browser, the rest are rather poor. So for me personally I wouldn't recommend using any other browser.

However, in Safari you can change the User Agent to different browsers, this basically tricks Safari into thinking its a different browser, so if you set this to Chrome, you will be able to edit DMS using Safari.

Safari > Developer > User Agent > Chrome

I am not sure if this is possible in IE, Opera or FireFox, if not there may be addons that allow such functionality.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Kazebra

Hi Danny,

thanks a lot for your help! I'll consider installing google chrome then - and if it's just for designing my website....

Danny

Yeah you only need Chrome to use the DMS visual editor and Toolbar, once your site is built, it will be compatible with all modern browsers. However, as I mentioned above, you can trick you browser into thinking its Chrome via the user agent option. I don't use FireFox and never use IE so I am not sure if these browsers offer this functionality. If they don't you could try checking to see if there is an add-on that provides it.

Please search our forums, before posting!