Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Olsson

Secondary menu don't work i mobile unit

John Olsson+    8
John Olsson

Hi there,

I've noticed that seems to be a bug..

I a page that i'm bouilding on, where I need 2 menus, one main, and one secondary.

The secondary won't work if you're in a mobile unit, when you click on it, nothing really happens.

Is this som kind of known bug or do I have to do something special?

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

Not sure what Menu you're referring to, therefore, can you provide a link to your site please, so we can take a closer look.

Please search our forums, before posting!

John Olsson+    8
John Olsson

Unfortunly it isn't online... but it's simple..

I have the static Navbar on the top and opt "Menu 1".. Then I have a second Navbar, but stand-alone on the same page with opt "Menu 2".. That last menu doesen't work in mobile units..

James B    436
James B

So you have the fixed nav at the top, and then a second standard navbar underneath, both with different custom menus inside? When you look at the standard navbar on a mobile you can see it, but it doesn't work? What happens when you click on it, can you see shot us the setup for the mobile layout.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

John Olsson+    8
John Olsson

Exatcly what I mean, different menus on both ofc, it happens 'nothing' when I click on it.. but the fixed nav does work..

What do u mean with the last thing?

Danny    1,327
Danny

He means can you provide screenshots of the menu.

Please search our forums, before posting!

John Olsson+    8
John Olsson

Ah, ok, but it's unneccesary i think, it looks just det same as the regular top nav.. but it doesen't work.. it feels like this should be a known bug?

James B    436
James B

Hi there, no its not a known bug, I've replicated the layout on my test site and the second version of the standalone navbar is functioning perfectly. There fore it could be that you have a js conflict on the page or something else causing it, without looking at the live page it's hard to tell. However if you're in chrome you can check in the inspector under the 'console' tab to see if any errors are showing.

Also try removing the fixed nav and then testing on a mobile again to see if that produces different results than when both are on the page, then we can tell if one is conflicting with the other etc.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• khat
      By khat+
      I think I may have installed pagelines pro incorrectly, and then used features incorrectly. I installed first platforms framework theme and then the child, thinking I could do setup for child later. I tried to set up a background image, and tried custom css feature in pagelines dashboard. I had mistakes in my css, and just thought that if I deleted the info in the css custom feature in pagelines dashboard that the new information would overwrite the old info. The background image didn't respond at all, probably because I didn't have the child directory renamed. I then tried to use the LSS plugin to create css and added more css, possibly, somewhere -sigh-. I never did change the background image and get it placed properly. I used a workaround and in nested containers I placed a background image which worked well enough, so I moved on to try to create my nav bar/ menu bar. When I go to the Menus panel, there is NO area where I can place a menu on a page. I have read and reread and re- re- reread the instructions for placing a menu. I've used the pagelines editor to place a menu, however only HOME shows up. I've been at this for many hours. I've since uninstalled all of my pagelines items and reinstalled, thinking that it would restore all my changes to default, but no, it is still all there, with all my unresolved issues. I am completely at a loss as to what to do next.
    • bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      http://731.34b.myftpupload.com/ this website is using the NavPro navigation in Platform 5. It has a lot of menu items, so it breaks to two lines when the window is sized down. What is the media query to make the navigation either a) switch to "mobile mode" at a higher width, or b ) expand the nav into two lines. Thanks
    • Jarek
      By Jarek+
      How to make the Impulse menu sticky?
      Here is a site that seems like it is doing just that: http://www.manhattanperiodontist.com/
      Here is the site I am working on: http://boeriu.digitalvector.com/ 
      I have no problem showing the menu at the bottom, but when scrolling up it does not stick.  I tried to add Nav Pro menu but when I do that, it just shows on top and no matter what I try is not working as I want it to.
      Any suggestions?
    • Dave
      By Dave+
      1) Toggle menu on mobile devices does not work properly, combination Chrome 56.0.2924.87 with Android 6.0.1

2) Mobile / Default Menu > Set the primary/default navigation for your site. This will be used in the pop out mobile menu and as the default in navigation sections. Does not work.
    • Grant Turck
      By Grant Turck+
      Navbar Broken on All Devices When Not Logged Into Wordpress. See screenshots attached from mobile. What is causing this issue and how do I fix? Site is venicepride [dot] org.