Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamesmaccer

site crash - not recognising css

jamesmaccer

my site has just crashed after I pressed 'undo' on a change. 

It's not a massive issue as I have all the text, images & custom css code backed up. 

the problem is that the DMS editor is now not recognising any of the custom CSS which I have just re-entered (after the crash, all the css was deleted). As a result the site looks really bad. Please help.

The site is wwww.fmp-ir.com

jamesmaccer

given that my site is live & clients are visiting it, this is pretty urgent. I'd really appreciate some support ASAP. 

Note - the site was working absolutely fine until I pressed the 'undo' button on a minor change to the site. I have very few plugins running. the last one was installed over 1 month ago & has not caused any problems. 

The custom css isn't working at all - this is what I need to resolve.

jamesmaccer

solved problem by re-entering css line by line. Ball-ache, but it worked. 

James B

Hi there, if you're entering the css in the dms admin panel and it's not saving try the following. 

First paste the css into the css box in the dms editor and then click elsewhere inside the control panel so you see the spinning saving icon in the top right of the panel. Once you see this complete, click the tick to save/publish and then refresh. 

You can also test the css in the fallback css box in the wp admin area inside the pagelines tab. Paste into there and save then check the live site, this should overrule any problems you're experiencing with the dms editor. 

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B