Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paul_t

Media Window Cosmetic Bug

paul_t

I had this report closed of GitHub so I am at a loss as to where to go next

(the report did combine the cosmetic issue and the non loading selection of images)

So I did…. 

A fresh install of Wordpress in a new location

A fresh install of DMS

Activated the site

Added a Highlight Section

Uploaded an image

And this is what I see in the media library window, when I click Media Library

(btw - the Image selection loads)

If you inspect the iframe, and change the width from 100% to 125% the problem goes away (second thumbnail)

My guess is the calculated iframe pixel width is incorrect

.modal iframe {
  1. width100%;

Danny

Hi,

I have the latest version of DMS and Wordpress on a fresh install and I am not seeing your issue, this is why I closed your GitHub issue, as I am not able to recreate your issue on a vanilla install of DMS. Therefore, it has to be related to either a plugin, custom code or your server. Can you contact our helpdesk, with a link to this topic for reference, a link to the site in question and also your admin username/password. So our team can take a look.

hello at pagelines dot com

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

OK, so visited your website and logged in with the details and your modal mediabox library looks exactly how its supposed to. Not sure what you mean by cosmetic issues.

The two scroll bars are there on purpose as far as I am concerned, one is for the iframe and the other for the modal.

paul_t

OK - see where you are coming from. But having bits of text cut off can't be right. also….

…now uploaded a few more images. Surely mess in the middle can't be correct. 

Danny

I am not having that issue with the last image - http://d.pr/i/hrdr

That is the reason as to why I closed your issue on the tracker.

paul_t

Can you do the same on the install I did?

(login etc sent) 

Danny

This could be related to your server setup, you're using PHP 5.3, ask your host to upgrade you to PHP 5.4 or greater and see if this resolves your issue.

paul_t

I'm getting the same issue on my MacBookPro with Mavericks and PHP 5.4.17

Q:

Are you using PC Chrome?

and the public build of DMS 1.1.4?

My hosting service asked for specs for DMS re PHP - where do I find that pls.

5.3.27 was installed only 7 months ago and was the last of the 5.3 branch.

They are not going to install a new version unless a specific issue is raised.

Can you be more specific as to why 5.4 should fix it, given that it doesn't appear to resolve the issue. I can then go back with justification in the request.

thx

Danny

Of course I am, DMS 1.1.4, Wordpress 3.8, no plugins installed, MAMP with PHP 5.4.10. I am unable to recreate your issue.

paul_t

No offence intended. 

OK got me stumped then. Can this be issue reopened.

I've done everything I can this end, and tried it on a server with 5.4.

Danny

Where did you downloaded DMS from ?

Also, I can't re-open the issue, when myself or any of my colleagues can recreate your issue.

paul_t

Where did you downloaded DMS from ?

Also, I can't re-open the issue, when myself or any of my colleagues can recreate your issue.

Downloaded from Account v 1.1.4

Point 2 - Can you confirm you can see the issue is on the plain vanilla install I've provided links to?

Danny

I can see your issue clear as day. However, I have just uploaded 25 images to my Wordpress media library and I don't have that problem. Its a rather odd issue, I must say.

As you can see from my image - http://d.pr/i/hrdr

The reason as to why I suggested this is related to your server is that hosts especially the cheaper ones, tend to install things that prevent certain PHP functions from being enabled, they also disable certain functions for security reasons. They can also tell you have so much allocated PHP memory then install something that prevents your account from using more than X, when they say you have more than X.

The problem is I have tried to recreate your issue on the following:

On several MAMP powered local sites using PHP 5.4.10

On a Flywheel test site

On a Digital Ocean hosted test site

On a Linode hosted test site

All of my sites above, do not use any version of PHP lower than 5.4 and I was unable to recreate that cosmetic issue you're having with your media library. Your host refusing to not update to the latest version of PHP is rather odd, especially as the latest version is 5.5.7.

Therefore, can you remove all the images and then load them one at a time, then check your Media library modal popup and see if the issue persists. Do this for each image and, so upload one image, then check your media library modal box, if there is no issue, upload another image and then rinse, repeat.

Continue to do so, until the issue returns.

paul_t

All of my sites above, do not use any version of PHP lower than 5.4 and I was unable to recreate that cosmetic issue you're having with your media library. Your host refusing to not update to the latest version of PHP is rather odd, especially as the latest version is 5.5.7.

Therefore, can you remove all the images and then load them one at a time, then check your Media library modal popup and see if the issue persists. Do this for each image and, so upload one image, then check your media library modal box, if there is no issue, upload another image and then rinse, repeat.

Continue to do so, until the issue returns.

Will give that a go. Thanks for hanging in there with this.

(on the PHP upgrade - still got the same issue on my laptop with 5.4 so its got to be something else) 

Danny

Weird, I must say its truly weird. No one has reported such as issue before and I am unable to recreate it with vanilla installations or with plugins installed. Thats what pointed me to your server.

Do you use MAMP ?

If not, please download it and then recreate a local site using nothing but the latest Wordpress and DMS and see if this happens again.

paul_t

No, just did the basic install of MYSQL on my MacBookPro and enabled PHP under Mavericks - so already running local.

Interesting to read MAMP is self contained and doesn't touch any of the OSX Apache install

If I get time I'll try your suggestion

thanks