Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidrawlingsuk

CSS not loading?

davidrawlingsuk

Hi there,

I signed up yesterday, installed the latest version of DMS on a fresh WP install. Then I installed Flatten.

Everything looks great while I'm logged in to WP, but when I log out the site loads without any CSS. (Or at least that's what it looks like.)

Originally I thought it was a problem with Flatten, so I emailed the creator for support (still waiting to here back), but since then I tried it with the native DMS themes, and I have the same problem.

The web address in www.conversionality.com.

Here's the screencast I recorded for Enrique yesterday

All help graciously appreciated.

Cheers,

David.

James B

Hi there,

Seems to be that your server has a restriction which is blocking the css file from being accessed - http://screencast.com/t/tNVp4SbJb66f.

You can try adding the following code to the wp config to see if this overrides it.

define( 'PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true );

Also make sure you have the PageLines Pro Tools plugin installed, this has some extra code/hacks in which can solve server issues. You can download pro tools from your account page - www.pagelines.com/my-account.

Let us know how you get on.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

davidrawlingsuk

Worked like a charm - thanks James :)

davidrawlingsuk

Any ideas on above? (I've contacted my host, but they'll take yonks to get back.)

davidrawlingsuk

Just heard back from 123-Reg support and they asked me to remove the line from wp-admin and revert to a standard WP theme to see what happened.

Sure enough the CSS loads fine and the problem with writing to the server is resolved too.

Please help.