Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shepvet

New Blog: DMS free vrs pro (magazine mode)

shepvet

I am completely new to DMS and its been over 15 years since I created a site. This is also my first WP site blog so I am trying to make sure I do this right. I've been playing with DMS (Free Version) today trying to decide if I wanted to pay for the subscription. 

What I would like to do is have the first couple blog posts in vertical format and then the following older blog posts in two columns underneath. Is this called Magazine mode? If so, how do I enable this mode? Ive been through the DMS settings and WP settings, etc. Is this mode only available in the Pro version and if so, how do I get to it? Ive read posts that say it is available in free but others that say only with a paid subscription.

To give you a better idea in case magazine mode is the wrong term for how I want my blog posts to look, I would like to create a blog with a similar layout design (using the side bar for something other than ads) as http://ronisweigh.com/ and I know she created her site with Platform Pro. From what I understand, DMS should be able to do what I need as well since Platform Pro is no longer supported.

After googling and trying to find help reading posts here, I'm hoping someone can help answer my confusion as I otherwise really like DMS. Thanks!

James B

Hi there, welcome to PageLines.

In the previous theme 'the PageLines Framework' this was a pro only option. In DMS this is available without entering an activation key. To access go to the live page, with the editor on hover over the postloop section so you can see the editor options, click on the pencil option to bring up the postloop options in the DMS control panel at the bottom of the page. Select magazine mode and then below you'll see an option to set the amount of full width posts which display at the top. See screenshot below.

http://screencast.com/t/bQm6S49akY

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B