Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gstrahle

Remove Header and Footer in Custom Templates

gstrahle

I am having trouble when removing my header and footer from a template I would like to make without them.. I have tried every which way of creating new templates saving, editing locally, adding classes... and every time I remove the header from the specific page I do not want it on it removes the header from my whole site... this is driving me nuts, please help!!!

Danny

HI,

Unfortunately, the Header and Footer areas are global template areas, this means that if you wish to have a template without them, you will need to remove them from all templates. 

You can't have individual templates with no header or footer, this has been reported to our tracker and our developers are aware of the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

kellyc214

Hi Danny,

How do I remove the header from all of the pages? I delete the header, publish and then when I come back to the page it reappears.

Thanks for your help!

Kelly

kellyc214

Found it!

Place this code in the CCS section. The page number can be found by going to the page you would like to edit, then clicking on page setup, then page handling - it will give you the page id. You may have to refresh several times for the code to stick and the adjustment to be made. 

.page-id-175 #header {display:none !important; }

Danny

In DMS 2.x, If you go to DMS Toolbar > Site Settings > Advanced, there should be options to disable either the Fixed, Header and Footer regions.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Paul
      By Paul+
      I was surprised to see I had no menu today - out of the blue - its actually moved to the bottom of the page!  After hours of fiddling and disabling every single plugin, leaving just plagelines the issue is still present.  See video for a basic text box - I moved it into the head and it jumps to the bottom and shows just above the footer but below the main content.  I have a temp fix by placing the menu into the first row on the main content but it does mean other than my home page, all other pages have no menu.  A quick fix is very urgent for this bug.
      https://thelaptopfixers.com

• russe-intensif
      By russe-intensif+
      Hi team,
      checking my site today, i'm surprised to see my MegaNav all in bottom of the pages, while it's in header.
      After getting to change it in couple of pages onto Template part (too time consuming !), i'm desperate and ask you for help :-)
      apprendre-le-russe-avec-ania.fr
      Thank you in advance !

• Borries
      By Borries+
      I know this is not an easy problem. Maybe there is a easy solution.
      I have tryed to uses the existing solution, that I have found in the forum
      I changed the colours of my nav (simple nav) and the hover effect (a. hover).
      I really tryed to highlight the active/used link in the nav but I cant figure it out.
      I want it to be black when active.
      Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
      http://www.marcborries.de  nav link: "Sinn & Selbst" 
    • Dan Haddock
      By Dan Haddock
      Hi Pagelines team and wider community,
      I am looking to develop a single post page for my blog. I have read over an old article on the subject, however the link provided on achieving this goal was giving me security warnings. Is there any way I can get round this?
      Secondly, I have had a root around the .zip file provided on my sites backup, however was unable to locate any file in there with the name of Single.php. Does this file exist in the Pagelines theme?
      By the way, this is the unsafe article: http://support.pagelines.me/docs/customization/create-a-custom-page-template/ (Click at your peril).