Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiverRat

background color disappeared in Header and side

RiverRat

Hello, The background color was working fine in the header and right side block, but over the weekend something happened where the background color is not showing up. The coding is still there in the CSS. Thanks 

RiverRat

Hi had to apply a background to the whole page until I figure out how to only have the background color in the header and right sidebar. thanks

RiverRat

seems my custom css is not working

Danny

Hi,

Its not possible for something to suddenly stop working unless changes have been made, this could be in the form of an update, installation of a plugin or the addition of custom code CSS/LESS or JavaScript.

If you haven't made any such changes, then it could well be an update to your server.

Also, if your custom CSS isn't working then the likely cause is that you most likely have an issue with your CSS, such as the use of invalid code or errors in your code. I recommend you review your custom CSS and see if you can find any.

What is the custom code you have that isn't working.

Please search our forums, before posting!

RiverRat

Hi I was hoping someone could take a look at it. Yes something happened. My host said Wordpress did a automatic update? I was wondering if a plugin for Simple Css was messed up with whatever happened. If I did it correct and it was truly working for about a week before this. Since then Wordpress has been revered to a previously saved version, but my Simple Css is not working as far as I can tell when I enter new code. Can you give me the code to change the background color on the header

http://buff.ly/1hMzDWm

this is what I used

.Background {
    background-color: #336699;

}

Danny

Unfortunately, we do not provide custom CSS support for users own created code or for users who are using a third party plugin.

However, if you want to have your header a color, you will first want to remove that image, as that will overlap any color you add and then add either use:

.header { ... }

or

Add your custom CSS class name to the headers styling classes field when you have added your custom CSS.

Also, not sure what the code you provided above is going to do, unless you have added this as a class name to the styling classes field, it won't do anything. Also your section contains the following class:

blackBackground 

It doesn't contain one called

Background

Please search our forums, before posting!

RiverRat

Hi I find the documentation for Pagelines too general. If would be nice if you had real examples on your system. Not just CSS examples but how you apply them to DMS.

To me I am new at it and it is a totally different system. For example I was under the impression you could make the rule in custom css and apply it to a section in the styling box for the section. So I would type (background) on the page to apply the background rule to that section-for example. That worked up until a week ago now I am having a problem with styling in the custom CSS working. That is why I was thinking maybe there is a plugin I have to reinstall for the CSS or a set up I am missing. I did have a problem with my Wordpress where I signed in and the CSS in Wordpress was not working in the Dashboard. That has been fixed but custom CSS that was working  before is not now. My Wordpress is working, but again I am wondering if the DMS custom css is.

Really it was working for a week. Did not do anything to it and last week the custom CSS I applied to the background stop working...seriously.

I realize I need to take the image out to apply the background color, but the website is a temp. live site and I had to put something there until this problem gets figured out. For testing would you mind giving me the whole code to make the header background a different color. That should be easy and very helpful for me figuring everything else out and for testing to make sure it is working properly. Thanks!

James B

Hi there, have you seen the tutorials for section area styling, this gives some examples and shows where to enter the relevant code, what style classes to use etc. Check out - http://docs.pagelines.com/tutorials/section-area-styling.

To change the header your code would look like the below, the example will make the header black.

#header {background: #000000;}

If your custom css ever stops working, then it could be some of the recent code entered is incorrect. If any code is wrong in the css/less box it will stop any further code added underneath with from working etc. So if you notice it stops working, best place to start is to track back through any recently added css. There's also a css/less fallback in the pagelines tab in the wp admin area you can test/add code into if you're having problems with the css/less box within the dms control panel.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B