Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

Aligning sections

sheilahoff

Dev site: http://www.tca.hoffmangraphics.com

Homepage has RevSider then iBoxes. Under that I had setup a RapidTabs (4 columns) on the right and a Columizer (taking up 8 columns) with 2 sets of 6 columns to the left and they were all fine. But the client wanted the RapidTabs moved left. I've tried everything including deleting and re-adding, making them only 3 columns and 7 columns and nothing will make these re-align so that they look as they did before but with the Rapid Tabs first then the 2 widget columns next to. you'll see that the RapidTabs are pushed down below to the next row.

I've also added a section and put both of these things into it which didn't help either.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to do this? We want the Rapid Tabs then two other widgetized columns to the right. So annoying that this isn't simple.

Thanks.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

Danny

HI,

The section that contains the Upcoming Events etc... is only 8/12 and has an offset, change the width from 8/12 to 12/12 and remove the offset, this should resolve the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sheilahoff

I so wish this was a fix. But sadly, I think you didn't quite understand my implementation. If I make the section with the Upcoming events 12/12 it will, of course, take up the full width. The RapidTabs are not in that section but in it's own section. I couldn't figure out a way to get RapidTabs into a columnizer that is using widgets. So I have a columnizer that is 8/12 and then the RapidTabs to the left.

BUT....in my trying to outline this to you I have figured out the right tool to use and have it fixed. I needed to put a two column section in then add Rapid Tabs to the left one once set to 4/12 and then the 2-column columnizer into the right one set to 8/12. VOILA!

Lesson Learned...case closed. Thanks for your help.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

Danny

Yeah I didn't understand your implementation sorry. However, your solution is correct, just resize the sections to make the columns you like, as long as all of them equal to 12, then they will all fit on one row.

For example:

4/12 4/12 4/12 = 3 columns as 4 + 4 + 4 = 12 :D

Please search our forums, before posting!