Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

farmgirlgourmet

Content/PostLoop Not Showing

farmgirlgourmet    0
farmgirlgourmet

I have tried adding Content/Postloop to a Page called Blog but nothing shows up EXCEPT for any info I add to the page via WP.  The page is the default (not static) and I have tried deleting and readding the element with no luck.  

Link: http://crushedconsulting.com/blog

I successfully added Flipper, but I would prefer that the posts be in the postloop with left thumbs and excerpts.  

Plugins installed (minimal):

• Akismet
  • Better iBoxes
  • Contact Form 7
  • Custom Sidebars
  • DMS Pro Tools
  • Footer Extras DMS
  • Jetpack
  • MailChimp

Any help would be appreciated.

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

If you haven't set up your static pages, then the Blog page will just be a normal page called Blog. Meaning that if you add the Content/PostLoop section to that page, it will display the content you have added to that page via Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Pages > Blog > editor.

If you wish for this page to display your posts then you need to setup static pages via Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Settings > Reading.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

farmgirlgourmet    0
farmgirlgourmet

Gah!  Do you ever have one of those moments when you want to bop yourself in the head?  Thanks for pointing out the obvious!  I appreciate it.

Happy Friday!

Heather

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem Heather and yes, I have those moments! :D

Please search our forums, before posting!

sarahstokey    0
sarahstokey

What if I have created my home page already and its as the latest post page? I've already spent lots of time adding pictures, media, etc... is there a work around to copy and paste this stuff to another page? 

sorry...i'm a complete newbie.

James B    436
James B

Hi there, do you mean you've added sections to the page which is using the blog template and now wish to change this to a static home page? where are the elements placed in the layout, as anything in the header/footer will appear global, anything within the template area is set to just the page. Have you tried moving the elements you want to move over into the header so they appear on every page, then on the new page you create moving them out of the header and into the template area.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• PeriniNero
      By PeriniNero+
      We are building a Custom Post Type with Custom Fields and Custom Taxonomies.
      The only thing we dont understand is how to embed the Custom Fields including header tags and stuff in the Postloop (now we use a text-box below the postloop section but also SEO wise this is not best pratice).
      So we thought to copy the dms Postloop section to our child theme and rename this, to add an extra Postloop section to our theme. Is this the way?
      What exactly to adjust in those 3 files class.posts.php, section.php and style.less (at this point we know how to change the thumb LOL) and where to add the Custom Fields shortcodes?
      Thanks.
    • morrisjohnc
      By morrisjohnc
      Hello,

My blog has two separate types of post content, both of which need to be created as posts, not pages, in WP.

On the category pages, Bespoke pulls the featured image and the 10 word excerpt (or whatever is provided for in the excerpts post field).  How can I get certain categories to show the full content of a post and others this standard format with the "read more" button?

Question 2 - Is it possible to have different templates for different category listing pages?  Example, use the postloop for one category and the masonic gallery for another?

Thank you in advance for your help!
    • jammersam
      By jammersam+
      Hi there,

Having difficulty editing something on a site I'm working on.  In previous Pagelines versions, clicking a post category allowed one to see all of the posts in that category.  In the postloop for DMS, it seems I can only show max ten.  I'd like for any category (except the main blog page, which should remain in magazine mode with 10 max) to show its maximum content - any explanation on how I can do that?

Thanks very much.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      Hello! I am really liking the DMS blog layout and special post types. However, I'd like to limit the number of posts that display on the blog page. Is that possible? For example, I'd like for 5 posts to show and then there would be pagination at the bottom.
    • station16
      By station16
      In my current Pagelines sites, I can have the blog set on magazine format showing one or 2 posts at full width and then the rest tile the page showing only the title, and excerpt and a more link. In a new DMS site the blog can still do a magazine layout, but the smaller, older posts are still showing the full post, plus you can show the excerpt. Why would you show an excerpt and still show the full post along with the excerpt. I would prefer the previous method of showing excerpts of older posts so readers can have more to choose from instead of having them scroll through each post. 
      How that this be customized?
      thanks,
      -brenton