Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Revolution Slider PHP

jmad

I've installed Revolution Slider and have it working well via shortcode but would like to implement via the instructions provided.... For show only on homepage use: <?php putRevSlider("Home","homepage") ?>

Where would I go about adding this code?  Alternatively, I used the shortcode in a hook but then it shows all all pages before header.  Is there a hook to use the shortcode after header and only on homepage?

Danny

Hi,

You will need to use a hook, see here for more information - http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/hooks

Please be aware that hooks are considered advanced customization and therefore, we do not provide support.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

I was successful in using <?php putRevSlider("Home","homepage") ?> in the header area of DMS header.php.  However, I don't want it in the core file but tried it to see if it would correct an issue...it did correct the space above/below the FullBox slider.  The issue is when I have a slider either Rev or Layer in a FullBox with the FullBox placed in the Template area below Header I have two problems... One- I still get the margin either above or below slider depending on if I place the shortcode in the Title or Text area of the FullBox, I've tried classy, other code provided via the forum and it doesn't change anything.  Two- Viewport animation...with the slider in the FullBox the page is loading before the slider effectively eliminating any viewport effects until about mid way down the page.  

Will using hooks fix these problems?  If not what would?   I've read the WP doc on Hooks but have a couple of novice questions to get started.  Which PL Hooks do I use to place a slider below header and just on home page?  Where do I place the code for the hook?  In the "custom scripts" section or somewhere in the file system?

Danny

HI,

I reported an issue with the TextBox not working correctly with shortcodes for sliders, our developers responded saying that if you want to use basic shortcodes in the TextBox section thats fine. However, if the shortcode includes JavaScript which most sliders do, then you will need to use a hook.

So to include the RevSlider plugin into your template correctly you will need to use a hook.

Our hooks documentation has all the information you need in regards to how to use hooks, where to add them ect...

http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/hooks

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

Thanks Danny.  Being able to use the shortcode in the text box is advantageous because then after sliders are built clients could sub them out as needed.  Anyway, it seems that Rev Slider works fine in the FullBox anyway and doesn't mess with the Viewport animations.  It's only layer slider that does at this point and it's possibly a setting in Layer Slider that needs changed.  Not a DMS issue as it turns out.