Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

Integrating CoAuthors Plus

sheilahoff

I found an old thread on this using PL Framework and it was never resolved. This is a link to the plug-in instructions for integrating this but I'm lost which files to do what with to make this work. Would love to be pointed in the right direction. Client really needs co-authors to work. Thanks.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

sheilahoff

Thanks Danny...didn't see that when I searched. That shortcode did the trick in the meta bar BUT I still need help getting the second author displayed at the bottom. I'll post over there though. Thanks.

Danny

Not sure what you mean by getting the second author displayed at the bottom ?

Please reply here as this is your topic and that topic has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sheilahoff

OK...here's what I just posted over there....

THANK YOU! That shortcode did the trick for me in the meta bar BUT I still need help getting the second author displayed at the bottom. I did try the author avatar mode which only displays one author in the sidebar. Nice looking. I never knew what that option did. BUT...what I really need to make that happen is to have both authors' avatar and bio display at the bottom of the post where I've added a Post Author section. In fact I'd be happy to get both authors' avatars displayed in EITHER mode. Though my preference is to get them both at the bottom so they can have their bios with their avatars.

It appears the instructions here might tell a coder how to do that but I'm more a designer. If someone can tell me which file to put what code in I'm comfortable doing that in my child theme. Has anyone figured this out yet? I sure hope so. Client REALLY needs it.

Thanks.

Sheila

dev site using wp3.8 and newest DMS at: http://www.tca.hoffmangraphics.com

Danny

As far as I can tell, the Post Author section doesn't support multiple authors. I will add this to our tracker as a feature enhancement.

You can follow the progress here - https://github.com/pagelines/DMS/issues/613

sheilahoff

OK, thanks. Too bad. It would be a GREAT features. I hope it can be added soon!

Meanwhile, on this same issue, when I click on one of the authors on this page: http://tca.hoffmangraphics.com/old-subscriptions/ the first author is the one that is recognized and displays his bio at the bottom and you get a page showing all his posts. But when I click on her name I get a 404 page not found error even though she's been added as a "guest author" and is assigned to this post using co-authors plus plugin. Not sure why it doesn't work. I'll post to the author of the plug-in but I wondered if it's a setting in DMS to recognize the authors properly.

Danny

What do you mean by guest author, is this an option in the Co-Authors plugin?

If so, its likely that our implementation doesn't support guest authors.

Also, when you hover the authors name, the URL doesn't point to that users page instead it points to:

http://tca.hoffmangraphics.com/author/

Whereas the first author goes to his/her page:

http://tca.hoffmangraphics.com/author/malcolmb/

sheilahoff

Right. Guest Author is a built in part of CoAuthors Plus. Maybe it was added after the PL implementation, I don't know? I knew that URL wasn't working. So it appears CoAuthors added through Guest Author also get added to the User list. I then deleted the Guest Author and it looks like now the CoAuthors both work correctly at the top (I think)! So that's a good piece of this, thanks.

But now, what, if anything, can I do to get the second author to have their avatar and bio also display in the Author Box at the bottom? I'm thinking there's some coding in their how to page that needs adding to some customized template...right? If you tell me what code and which template I can do that!

THANK YOU!

Sheila

Danny

Unfortunately, we do not provide support for custom code which adds support for a third party plugin. You will most likely need to create a custom Post Author section using the Co-Authors plugin documentation for assistance.