Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wren

DMS page display failing with Internet Explorer on a PC

wren    1
wren

I had a helluva time trying to figure out why different browsers on the same laptop (Firefox and Safari on my Macintosh) wouldn't show my images in Better iBoxes. I also couldn't see them with Chrome on my PC, they would only show with Chrome on the Mac. I thought my site was broken after DMS updates but I just discovered a very simple solution that has fixed my image display problem. I happened on this page––

http://pagelinescomm....com/dashboard/

and I randomly decided to change my Child Theme to the free Academy Child Theme offered on this page. After doing so, quite unexpectedly on all platforms I've tested––Chrome on 2 PCs and 3 Macs and an iPad, Firefox on all 5 laptops, and Safari on 2 Macs all immediately started displaying the images in the boxes when before, only Chrome on one Mac showed the images. I also deactivated all plug-ins and brought them back in one by one and haven't seen the problem return. Hallelujah. My page layout designs which are Better iBox plug-in dependent is totally solid.

Just one problem occurred on a PC running Microsoft Explorer––my background image doesn't show, the Quick Slider fills the whole screen and the iBoxes all stack up vertically beneath the Quick Slider. I suspect this must be a DMS issue with Explorer, beyond my knowledge to figure out what's happening there with Explorer. Aside from this one browser on a PC that displays fine with Chrome and Firefox, my site displays fine on all other devices I've tested.

Thoughts anyone?

ahansson89    57
ahansson89

Defi a Bootstrap issue which PageLines is utilizing in DMS.

You should post the bug on github.com/pagelines/dms/issues in order for the devs to fix this.

I am not able to fix it at this moment.

• Like 1

wren    1
wren

Hmmm... it does seem to be with the core. Will post to github.

Thanks!

And Happy New Year :)

• Similar Content

• dreamsight
      By dreamsight+
      - { border-radius: 25%; width: 150px; height: 150px; }   im looking to do this on pictures used in Better iBoxes ^   please can you tell me the selector or how i can make this happen please, thanks
    • primetime
      By primetime+
      Hi,

How do I update the number of boxes per row to 9?

http://travelblogfest.com/free-online-photography-courses-for-beginners/free-lightroom-tutorials/

Thanks,
      Vincent
    • tforasiepi
      By tforasiepi+
      Website URL:  http://bluelogicllc.net/texascenterurology/ Framework Version: DMS 2.04 WordPress Version: 3.9 Plugins in Use: Akismet, BE Subpages Widget,Better iBoxes, Dms Developer Tools, Select DMS, Professional Tools, Events Made Easy, Gravity Forms, PageLines Updater,WordPress SEO, WP-DBManager, WP Super Cache Server/Host:  HostGator   Details:  We are developing a new site and recently updated the site to DMS2 and all plugins were working correctly.  We then added a Child Theme called Nick's Base Theme and had to make some adjustments to the site, but all was good with the exception of the Better iBoxes plugin.  We had purchased, installed, and set it up prior to the DMS2 upgrade and Base Theme addition.  Now it does not give us the options we had before and believe it has switched back to the free version.     We want the boxes to be square.   We deleted the plugin and re-installed it, but it did not solve this issue.  When you are in the editor, the section title says "iBox linked to "Home Template" template".  Could this be causing the issue and if so, how can we fix it?   Thanks.   -Taama