Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

peter_von_z

Problem with BLOG page template, editor won't load

peter_von_z    1
peter_von_z

Hi,

I have a serious problem. The template that is set for the Blog page has some kind if of problem loading a resource. Something messed up the name of the jpeg to "SLIDER01.jpg”>%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20<div%20class=" instead of just SLIDER01.jpeg.

The problem is that the editor won't load because of that problem and I can't assign a new template to the blog page. Worse, I accidentally deleted the template that was set for the blog page, so I can't update it even if I go to another page. ( Yes I know, that was really stupid..)

So, what do I do? Is there some way to reset the blog page template or assign a new template directly on the server?

Please help.

The page with the problem..

http://unlockdesignventures.com/pt-br/blog/

Thanks!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Not sure how you managed this to be honest. However, you can reset the global options and template settings, you may be forced to do that.

Please search our forums, before posting!

peter_von_z    1
peter_von_z

Actually, it happened after an update. Somehow my templates got mixed up and the blog page was assigned to another old template.

Maybe something to look out for in the future...

Thanks!

peter_von_z    1
peter_von_z

How do I reset the template settings. I found the Global reset but it was not enough...

James B    436
James B

The templates are saved separately, you can delete the unwanted template from the 'actions' tab in the template area.

http://screencast.com/t/GnH4W8oirah

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

peter_von_z    1
peter_von_z

I have already deleted the template but it still remains assigned to the page.

But I managed to solve it anyway. I found that the java error was in the post type settings. I downloaded it, removed the part with the slider01.jpeg and uploaded it again.

Now the editor is loading again on that page.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Danny    1,327
Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved, we appreciate it.

peter_von_z    1
peter_von_z

No problem, but I think there should be a simple way to reset or reload all the templates to default and assign this to the corresponding page types. It would save a lot of work when something goes wrong or when you want to start from scratch.

Thanks!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Thanks for the feedback Peter, if you could create a topic regarding your feedback in our ideas and feedback forum, our developers will take into advisement.

• Similar Content

• Toolshed
      By Toolshed+
      Hello - I'm a registered Pagelines user. I tried to load my website today (toolshed.biz) in the DMS editor and received a message that the page was having trouble loading. I rarely make changes to my website so this was unexpected. I followed your support suggestions and checked for javascript errors using Chrome - when trying to load the page, it showed the following
      jquery-migrate.min.js:2 JQMIGRATE: Migrate is installed, version 1.4.1
      pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:740 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'lang' of undefined
          at Object.reloadConfig (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:740)
          at Object.startUp (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:72)
          at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (pl.editor.js?ver=16e8ee:10)
          at i (jquery.js:2)
          at Object.fireWith [as resolveWith] (jquery.js:2)
          at Function.ready (jquery.js:2)
          at HTMLDocument.K (jquery.js:2)
      303toolshed.biz/:1 Error in event handler for (unknown): TypeError: Cannot read property 'tab' of undefined
          at chrome-extension://kamiaabbnpncbobdiblhfogafnoefkae/contentscript.js:38:28
      I deactivated all my plug-ins prior to doing this except for:
      Pagelines Platform 5 v5.0.126
      Pagelines updater v. 1.2.9
      I'm not an expert coder or web developer, not really sure what this all means. Not sure what JQMIGRATE is (a plug-in? I don't see that in my plug-in list). Can you point me in the right direction?
      Thanks,
      Dick Huey
    • dbrowne02
      By dbrowne02+
      Hi, the DMS editor is not loading on landing page. It is working on all other pages. How do I fix this? the website is selborneproperties.com I have logged in and logged out, have disabled plugins. Thanks,
      David
    • Jared Smith
      By Jared Smith+
      I haven't figured out how to get the "Sync Loaded Item" option in templates menu of Platform 5 to stay checked. It doesn't give me an option to save settings when I select it, and when I select it then click off the editor, it unselects. Also if I select it before loading a template, it doesn't stay checked there either.  Whats going on?
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      Hi,
      I created a Pagelines template for a "Post type" post. Whenever creating a new post page it firstly display that template post and I have to manually change it in the scope from "All of type posts " to "Current page". 
      Is there a way to fix that? 

• richardjacruz
      By richardjacruz+
      I'm building a website in a dev environment at http://162.144.182.17/~uescocra.
      I want to import a bunch of products, and then have the products have a different template than the default template. 
      I also want to change the default template for blog posts.
      Before I go making changes, can I do this where the post type of "products" has its own global template, and the same with blog posts?
      For instance, in a product I might want to have a widget for categories, similar products, etc., and in the blog I may want list of the latest posts, blog categories, link to an email sign-up landing page, etc.
      Thanks.
      Rich