Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chebon

Masthead and Lists - Viewer theme

chebon    0
chebon

With Masthead already published, when I add a List Section and Publish everything is fine publishing but after refreshi, The Masthead and List sections have merged and Masthead is no longer editable. Lists become the title of the section above Masthead. The menu for the actual Lists section is missing. [attachment=1859:grab057 2013-12-20, 01_24_59.jpg]

Upon Cloning the shared "Lists" section The List section Duplicates with a proper List copy and editabel menu bar. After Publishing and refreshing the both List sections disappear. The Undo Publish does not recover the error. 

Any help would be great 

Thanks

greenfly    230
greenfly
Hi mytek

could you enable debug in site settings > Advanced and also provide a link to your site please 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly    230
greenfly

If you are using DMS you do not need the PageLines Sections plugin - you can remove this - it has been known to cause errors 

pagelines-sections/pagelines-sections.php

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

chebon    0
chebon

I deactivated Pagelines Section plugin, to no avail. Masthead and Lists combine after a published refresh. 

However I found a work around. If lists and Masthead are in different Sections they do not combine. 

Masthead in Lists in the same Section (even when seperated by a Column, still combine. 

Thanks

James B    436
James B

You mean they become one section instead each being able to be edited separately?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

chebon    0
chebon

You mean they become one section instead each being able to be edited separately?

Yes, I attached a Picture. of a screenshot above. I have a work around but it is not the preferred formatting I'd like