Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ihilgefort

Custom CSS not working

ihilgefort

Hello everyone,

so I used the Custom CSS option in DMS and I added this code:

body{}
.entry-title { font-size: 10px; }
.widget .widget-title, .widget .widgettitle {
font-size: 14px;
}

but pretty much nothing of those is being applied to the page.

Is the code correct ?

regards
Ingo Hilgefort

greenfly

Hello ihilgefort

Do you have a link to your site so we can take a look please? 

I think your CSS needs to be more specific - can you give us an example of what on your site you are trying to change with this CSS and we can help suggest how to get this working for you :) 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

James B

Hi there, you are on the right track, just need to use the .widget classes like below.

font-size: 16px;
}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

ihilgefort

Hi James,

are you saying the body part needs to be removed ? that seems to be the only difference here.

regards

Ingo

ihilgefort

Hi James,

ok - that worked - much appreciated. I remove the body part and the code is now this:

font-size: 16px;

}
.entry-title { 
font-size: 10px; 
}

but my blog post entries are not changing the font size anymore. I did inspect the element in Chrome and the class is "entry-title". so what am I doing wrong here ?

Ingo

ihilgefort

ignore the last comment - got it to work.

thanks for the help

ingo

James B

You're welcome, glad you got it working :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B