Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen

DMS deleted and an entire section. WHY?

Stephen

I've been working an a section for the last two hours, saving along the way, testing it on another browser... Then I reload the page and everything is gone. Everything I've been working on for the last two hours is gone without a trace. Any idea why? 

Allow mw to rephrase the question: I added a second section to the Corporate Theme, saved it multiple times and viewed it in a second browser then a few minutes after finishing, I refreshed the page and it was gone. This has happened to me twice tonight.

Is this because the theme or DMS won't allow more than one section in the footer? 

Danny

HI,

When you deleted, do you mean the actual section has been removed from the template you were working on ?

As there is no way this can happen as far as I know, unless there is some third party JavaScript or plugin causing the issue. Have you added any custom scripts or plugins ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

bhmedia

I have a thread running about this exact issue...it's EXTREMELY aggravating and costly. As of now, the Pagelines team has been unable to track this issue down -- which basically renders DMS worthless to me. 

So yes Danny, there is absolutely a way this can happen. 

Clearly I'm not the only one experiencing this. 

Stephen

I need to correct you. I didn't delete anything. And yes, it can and it did happen. 

greenfly

@bhmedia 

I have updated you other topic with regards this 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

Hello @stephen 

Could you please provide a link to your site 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Stephen

You need admin access? 

greenfly

Just the link to the site for now :) 

greenfly

Hi Stephen, Thanks for the info.

I noticed James was looking into a topic involving DMS and an issue possibly relating to a server setup and you are both on the same host. .. I will check with James as soon as i can and update you here.