Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

Chrome won't display DMS for one site but does for the rest

sheilahoff

I have several DMS sites so I'm not a complete newbie. I created a new temp subdomain to develop a site in and had trouble logging in at all via Chrome. After a lot of cache clearing, DNS flushing and turning off all extensions I was able to finally log in with AdBlock turned off. HOWEVER, even so, when I go to the front facing site I do not have the WP admin bar and there are NO signs that DMS is even installed. Not only is it installed but I was working on the site design on this two days ago. It's running the newest DMS and WP3.8. I can log in and work on all my other DMS sites which are already upgraded to WP3.8 so I don't think that's it. I'm really at a loss what else to try.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

sheilahoff

I could've removed this entirely but in case the solution helps someone else I'm leaving it up. My host figured it out...

In your general settings there was a Site URL and a Home URL, these would need to be the same. One was set to "www." while the other was not, I removed the www. and now the admin panel is showing on the site front.

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

James B

Thanks for updating Shelia, much appreciated :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B