Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emelie

How do I change the Quickslider size?

emelie

Hi,

I would like to change the Quickslider size. It´s bit to big!

Site: http://ndimeetings.org/

I have changed the pictures size and used this code:

}

.flexslider {
  width: 70%;
  margin: 0;
  padding: 0;

}
.flexslider .slides img {
  width: 70%;
  display: block;

But how do I make the slider smaller, in the same size as the picture? And I would also like the slider to be in the middle.
Thanks, Emelie

James B

Hi Esmelie

You can change the width of the slider by adding a line to the css, but its designed to shrink the image as it resizes, so with your code in place the image will keep shrinking etc. So remove the css you added for the image so it goes back to normal first, then do something like the below, and the image will shrink with the container so you don't have the gap with the background showing. You can also specify a height if required. 

.fslider {width:50%;}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

James B

You're welcome :-)

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Varry

Hi James,

I have used your code to change the slider width but it is not working to change the slider height. 

When I use the below code I am able to adjust the height but the border around the image doesn't fit the image. Do you know how I can fix this?

Thanks for your help!

.fslider {
background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.4);
box-shadow: 0 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
-webkit-border-radius: 5px;
-moz-border-radius: 5px;
-o-border-radius: 5px;
border-radius: 5px;
padding: 5px;
width: 1200px;
height: 300px
}

Danny

Can you provide a link to your site please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jenrusfreelance

I cannot start a new topic so I apologize for posting in here (if there is a better way to communicate this, please let me know).

We wanted to make the slider on the home page smaller in height, so we altered the custom code CSS in the PageLine settings and now the width and height are tiny. I tried changing it back to what it was before but it remains the same and seems that no matter what I do to the code nothing changes the slider. What can we do to get the slider as it was before?

Please see the slider here: www.rphospital.org

Thank you in advance!