Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ce3mediayahoocom

Remove "read more" on feature slider

ce3mediayahoocom    0
ce3mediayahoocom

Is there a way to remove the read more from the feature slider, I saw the topic asked before but there was not a way at the time? please advise.

greenfly    230
greenfly

Hi @c3mediayahoocom 

Do you have a link to this feature slider in action ? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

ce3mediayahoocom    0
ce3mediayahoocom

Yes we do, was wondering if there is a way to remove the link because it looks bad on top of the images, would like to just have it clickable, is that possible?

greenfly    230
greenfly

Could we have that link to your page please and we will be able to see how this is working and how to change it 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

James B    436
James B

Hi there, add the following to your custom css area in the dms control panel.

.revslider-container .slider-content a.slider-btn {display:none;}

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

LAMF    1
LAMF

Yes we do, was wondering if there is a way to remove the link because it looks bad on top of the images, would like to just have it clickable, is that possible?

I'm sorry to be a pest, but I have the same problem and inserted .revslider-container .slider-content a.slider-btn {display:none;} into the custom CSS, but that only made the button go away, not making the images "clickable" as per this user's inquiry.

James B    436
James B

Hi that code will only hide the read more link, it won't make the image clickable unfortunately. I'll respond to other point on the thread you've created.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

• Similar Content

• sophia@wearrose.com
      By sophia@wearrose.com+
      Hi im using the Journey template and they automatically use a line to separate the sections. I want to remove it. I guess its a border but I cant figure out how to get rid of it for the life of me. HELP?! 

• DanatTLFN
      By DanatTLFN
      Site URL: thelocalfilmnetwork.com
      DMS Firmware: 2.2.1
      Wordpress: 4.5.1
      --------------------------------------
      Ticket Reference: 

At the bottom of this post, there is a CSS only option that I have implemented into my site. It looks brilliant, and I am super grateful for that addition to the thread. The only issue I am having is that the code he provides does not include all of the styling options for the button itself.
      My question is, how might I go about editing the styling of the button i.e. shadows, every element of the coloring, and border colors?
      No big deal if it's not easy to fix. Happy to provide any further information if necessary.
      Kind regards,
      Dan
      P.S. I have opened up the button in Google Dev window with Inspect and start editing it there, but it looks like there are some areas of the code that are connected to an external source (most likely bootstrap) and therefore I can't seem to edit it as much as I would like.
    • sruehle
      By sruehle+
      Hey there,
      I hope that this questions doesn´t come up every day:
      I´d like to set up a sub-page that contains my blog (http://www.finmeetstech.com/blog/). When I am adding posts to this page, they always show as excerpt with a read more button that links to an other page, at which the full post content can be viewed. However, I would like to either have the whole blog content on the first page (http://www.finmeetstech.com/blog/) or to change the functionality of the read more button, so that it is toggling the full content instead of loading a new page. 
      I already selected
        For each article in a feed, show Full text

but it didn´t work.
      I am using DMS with the voyant child theme. I hope that you can help me with this. Moreover, I should add that I am not really confident in editing any php files. 
      Thank you in advance. 
    • DonRicardoRVM
      By DonRicardoRVM+
      HI!

First of all, sorry for my bad english.

I have a problem that I never could solve: I can´t translate the words "READ MORE" in the loop. Where must I translate them?

• rosana
      By rosana
      How I can remove date and comment on all posts by postpins?