Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sheilahoff

WP 3.8 Login Page Image

sheilahoff

I love this feature and all my DMS sites use a custom image. I've noticed since the upgrade to 1.1.4 that on 2 of my sites, this image is now cropped to a square. What happened? I preferred the rectangle that was the same with as the login box. Is there a fix for this? It's weird as it was working before and I haven't changed the image. And 2 of my other DMS sites are not like this.

http://www.movementfromwithin.net/wp-admin

http://www.solsara.hoffmangraphics.com/wp-admin

AH...In writing this I think I realize another difference, so this may be a bug... These two sites are the only two that are already updated to the new release of WP! So apparently that is what's causing it.

A quick Google search took me to the answer: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/wp-38-truncates-the-custom-login-logo-to-width-80px

Can PL do something in the next release that overrides what WP did so we don't have to manually add custom CSS for each site?

Thanks.

Sheila

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle

sheilahoff

I have tried every variation of CSS I can think of and while I can impact the image width in Inspect Elements nothing I add to CSS works. I've flushed the cache in PL and cleared it in my browser.

I've tried the following with body in front and w/o.

.login h1 a {width: 100%;}

.login h1 a {width: auto!important;}

.login h1 a {width: auto!important; background-size: auto auto !important;}

I've refreshed the browser page so many times that my limit login plugin thinks I'm trying to hack my own site! :wacko:

Danny

Hi,

Try this:

body #login h1 a {
width: 100%;
}

Please search our forums, before posting!

sheilahoff

Thanks for responding Danny. I should've said....I've tried that combo also! It doesn't work. I just put it in at http://www.movementfromwithin.net/wp-admin and you can see that while it works in Inspect elements it does NOT fix the issue.

Ultimately this is something I think PL will have to address. The WP link I included at the top has a way to address it in the php code of the plug-in that those folks were using to get the log-in page image.

Danny

OK, I will report this to our tracker, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

illinimatt81

+1 to this request

sheilahoff

Thanks. Glad to know it's fixed. I'm not going to bother with a branch. Any idea when the new release will be? If anyone tries this branch please report back if it works or not. Sure hope so.

Danny

We do not provide an ETA on upcoming releases :(

sheilahoff

I just installed the GitHub push 1.2 expecting that this issue was now fixed. It is NOT. Just wanted to let you know. I'm still hoping it will be fixed.

Simon
Can you show us where you have 1.2 running with a custom login image

Simon
The fix was added to the 1.1 branch not 1.2

sheilahoff

Interesting. I would've thought any fixes would be incorporated into the newest version. Hopefully that'll be the case by the time it is released. Thanks.