Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

larrojas

border of image bleeds with parallax in Flatten

larrojas+    8
larrojas

Hi there,

When activate parallax in the section area the background image bleeds in the upper and bottom area (See pic below) . Is there a parameter in the size of the picture? or a code I am missing?

Just in case the menu in black is located in a different section area.

Is somewhere information how to use parallax and parameters for pictures?

This can be a good tutorial for Pagelines Academy.

Please advice, 

Thanks,

Luis

borde-foto.JPG

tmeister+    38
tmeister

Hi,

For the parallax effect the is recommended that the image be (1920px 1080px).

This are a couple images that i use in the Flatten demo :

http://dms.tmeister.net/flatten/wp-content/themes/flatten/demo/parallax3.jpg

http://dms.tmeister.net/flatten/wp-content/themes/flatten/demo/parallax.jpg

Best,

Enrique

Enrique Chavez - Premium DMS Themes, Sections and Plugins.

http://enriquechavez.co

bjornlagerman    0
bjornlagerman
Hi! Why do you say 1020px 1080px and then show samples that are 2000X601px and 1920x801px respectively?

I try different heights but the image height gets cropped in a way I cant foresee. Please give accurat instructions.
Best Björn

petere21+    3
petere21

I have similar problem

I use recommended 2000 x 600 px images and half of window is withou image (it s scroll outside area) box is white and not readable

What is bad?

ewatchman    2
ewatchman

tmiester

I set up a site using Flatten and I installed Parallax banners on a few pages, top and bottom. They displayed nicely, UNTIL...the other day they suddenly pulled up short, not stretching all the way across the page as before. It depends on the browser, but it is the worst on Chrome. I uploaded an image at 2200px across and that fixed it. But here's the deal, I set up a dummy site to try to work out some issues and I uploaded the Flatten demo content, and guess what, your demo content doesn't display correctly either. Here, check it out. http://e-watchman.com/2014/?page_id=12

Any clue what is going on? 

larrojas+    8
larrojas

Hi ewatchman,

Somebody answer this in other post in this forum. Anyway, I went to your link and it looks ok to me.

but, if you have still problems, try this:

1. on the section area, in "stylin classes", put this:    correct-background-parallax

2. then, in the custom code, put this:

/* correct-paralax */
.correct-background-parallax .pl-area-wrap {
  background-attachment: fixed;
}

This solve my problem.

I hope this help

Luis

ewatchman    2
ewatchman

Thanks Luis. I tried your suggestion. Didn't work. 

larrojas+    8
larrojas

Sorry It didn't work.

However, your demo looks good to me in my browsers. I wonder if this is just in your computer. Did you clean cache?

Just an idea.

Luis

alisamski+    8
alisamski

Looks good on mine also... Chrome and Firefox.. I'm using a Mac.

• Similar Content

• Rebecca Rinas
      By Rebecca Rinas
      I want my separate tabs to stay open with the collapser flat plugin - they don't show up until you hover over them. Anyone know how to make all of them visible?Thanks
    • kate1000
      By kate1000+
      http://www.kate1000.com   - Theme Flatten - Pagelines pro - DNS
      HEllo, 
      Love my responsive site - I don't have a " mobile url" because my site is responsive. - but on mobile, my site opens to a blank wordpress with a horrid menu. The viewer  has to navigate to some--> tiny tiny light blue link that says " see full site". <-- To see my site -
      I don't know if this is a pagelines issue, a flatten template theme issue , a wordpress issue or hosting issue, or dns issue. 

How can I make my full responsive template site -> be  <- the site they see right away? instad of that untemplated linked wordpress page.

Did I mention net week I have an interview and a few key folks  will be looking at my site over the week - omg  - 
      Thank you anyone who can help!! 
      Kate
    • meanmcbean
      By meanmcbean
      Hi, I am using DMS2 - 2.1.9.3. and Wordpress 4.2.2., not Flatten but could not see how else to post this topic.  I recently bought the Video Slider plugin and after I uploaded and activated it, my site won't load (this is what I see... Oops, There may be an issue loading.
      DMS typically loads in less than 5 seconds. Please check for Javascript or PHP errors.
      (Typically, slow or incomplete loading is related to plugin conflicts or server issues.)
      View the Troubleshooting Guide  

I thought the problem was probably a conflict with my site's other plugins, so I deactivated each plugin one by one.  That was not the problem.  The culprit itself is the Video Slider plugin.  I then tried to upload the plugin on my other sites and still have the same problem.  Not sure what to do next to resolve this.  Here's my url - http://www.lorilaws.net/ Thanks in advance.
    • alisamski
      By alisamski+
      Hello,
      I'm crossposting here... as Flatten uses the portfolio section...

I purchased the portfolio section separately, and wanting to use it with my site which is about to go from Frameworks to DMS..

Please advise if there are updates to the section so I can incorporate it...

I love the portfolio!

• Eppi
      By Eppi
      Hi,

I have a problem with the icons from the solid footer menu and also in another part of my site. The Icons are not shown there. Can you help me and let me know what to do to get it solved?

Thanks and best regards

Eppi