Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sum247

Want to get rid of "Add a Reply" on posts pages

sum247

Hi, I would like to get rid of "add a comment" in the meta data and "Add a Reply" form underneath instead I would prefer to substitute with Facebook comments please help I don'r see any support with this

Thanks!

Y

Danny

HI,

You can remove the Add a Comment from the meta by going to the Content/PostLoop sections options, there you will see two option panels for Post Meta, underneath each one, there is a More info button, click that and a list of shortcodes will display, add these shortcodes to customize your posts meta.

In regards to replacing the standard comments with Facebook comments, you will most likely need to use a plugin, I recommend you visit the Wordpress plugin repository.

Please search our forums, before posting!

sum247

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the instructions but the shortcodes only show things to add (((NOT things to hide ----> like "add comments"))))  I dont want to show it. I can't guess what to put in there to hide "add comments" an example would be greatly appreciated.

Aires

If you add one of the short codes if will only show what you add... for example if you add [post_author_link] this is all that will be present the default meta will not be shown.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

sum247

Hi Aires,

Thanks for responding...I've done that and it reacts like nothing happened in the author mode but when I change it to the metabar mode it works...thank you ;-)

James B

Hi there, it should work in both, I've tested quick and it seems to be working in author avatar mode as well. Make sure you see the saving wheel finish spinning before saving/publishing.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B