Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 posts in this topic

I have a template for my landing page but would like to revise it for some of my other pages. I have saved the template as another name. But when I revise one page all the pages  change with the revision. I need to have different information on the landing page. But on other pages of the site I what the specific page to show in a content/post, so my client can revise the page from the Wordpress admin pages feature. I do not want a content loop on the landing page

How can I revise a template design for another page so that you can revise  information specific for one page. I am using the Content Post Loop box to show information on the other pages all except the landing page. Thanks

Hi there, once you save the template as a new name. Go back into the templates selection and click on the newly created template 'load template' to ensure the page is now using the new template. Save/publish. Make a small change, add a textbox etc, save. Go back between the two different templates to ensure its working correctly.

Thank you. Actually I did that but my problem is I was entering some information in global area, so I got that figured out thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Saving templates
      By Jackey+
      All of a sudden my install fails to save a page as a template. It throws this error:
      Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'post' of null
      Any idea what is wrong here?
    • Mass Apply a template to Tag Archives
      By mno+
      Is there a way to mass apply a template to all tag archives?
      We are using Powerloop
    • Set Template for All Tag Archives?
      By eusebius+
      Is there a way to mass apply a template to all tag archives?
      On my site, all tag archive pages claim they are using the Default template, but they look nothing like the Default template. I'm having a difficult reapplying that template to those pages without going through each one.
      Thanks in advance
      Thank God, I found the answer.
      My question was a bit more complex than I thought. It turns out that, when the Powerloop section is enabled, it overrides the queries for individual tags so that the page type reads pl_powerloop_TAG. It changes for each tag, which makes it impossible to target with a single template.
      When I disabled Powerloop (which I don't need anyway, since I use Toolset), all the tag queries reverted to normal and I was able to target that specific type with a template easily.
    • Cleaning up Templates
      By arlomiller
      Through the last few years, I've developed a proliferation of templates, most of which are NOT in use.  I'd like to clean house and get rid of the unused ones, but i'm worried that somewhere on the site there IS a page using it.  Is there a way to see what template is being used for every page on the site so that I could figure out which ones can be wiped out?
    • Post unusable for me in DMS - Please Explain?
      By JawDesigns+
      Hi everyone,
      Maybe someone can help me? I just don't get posts in DMS2. Basically I see a lot of plugins for posts but I am not going to invest because I don't think I can achieve what I want to do with posts in DMS.
      This is what happens currently in DMS:
      Step 1
      1) I create a post
      2) I preview the post
      3) Add some text boxes, some media boxes etc
      4) I upload images and put in copy
      Step 2
      5) I create a new post
      6) I preview the post
      7) I unlink the template
      8) I add some more media boxes
      **Problem** - This updates my other posts!
      I don't want to add / remove media boxes etc in one post and see them disappear in others. Am I doing something wrong? How do others use posts. Surely people using DMS are changing the layout of each post or are they only just using the content post loop (wordpress) and not changing layout?
      Any help / advice would be great please.
      Thanks, James