Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

warrenbuys

Does text within section contribute towards SEO?

warrenbuys+    1
warrenbuys

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering whether search engines scanned the text within sections such as Text box, Hero section, Masthead etc.

The reason I ask is that I have the SEO plugin by Yoast however it only identifies text within the post content loop section and provides feedback on SEO with that content only and does not recognise anything else on the page. I was wondering whether this is simply a limited feature of the plugin itself or whether I need to configure the plugin to search section content as well for more accurate feedback?

Could someone please provide feed back as to whether the content within our sections is SEO compatible please?

Cheers

Warren

Simon    247
Simon

Your right, yoast plugin analyses the post content.

Google and all other bots see your page text only and your sections are text, so it will see them.

There are various tools for viewing your page as google.

• Similar Content

• oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hello There,
      So i want to use platform 5 and DMS sections on a single page, i am using a child theme with pinspro as my main theme and i activated platform 5, the only problem am having so far is the fixed option, my navbars are not aligning to their default size, and it will be great if platform 5 header and footer section will function, has anyone used this option, how can i make the best use of platform 5 and DMS on a site
      Cheers
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      Hi,
      I tried to make a simple change on my opt-in page today by reordering two sections.
      Now they won't save and whatever I do, the same 2 section will be stuck to the top.
      This is a huge problem since it is my opt-in page!
      http://yemoonyah.com/quiz
      (I'm on the latest WP & PL version)
      Thanks.

• Anthony King
      By Anthony King+
      I have to say that I like the Layout and the Template based sections. Some of them are really impressive.
      One of the things that I would like to request though is the possibility of being able to dynamically rearrange the layout.
      An example of what I am talking about is take the Agency Section. It's current layout starts with the
      Splash Module then the Portfolio Module then the Service Module and so on and so forth.
      What would be great is if we were able to move these modules around. I.e have the Service Module first
      then maybe the Splash, and then the portfolio.

• Michael Kummer
      By Michael Kummer+
      Hi guys,
      It seems like the H1 tag in the Pagelines 5 framework is missing the entry-title tag. Google Search Console complains about that and it seems like it needs to be fixed in the theme. Based on another thread, this looks like a known issue but I haven't seen any updates from the framework team.
      Any indication of what the status on this issue is?
      The site in question that I have that issue with is michaelkummer.com.
      Thanks
      Michael
    • Objectif-Mariage
      By Objectif-Mariage+
      Hello. I just past my PL5 website to BING analyser, and I was very surprise when it told me I had five <H1> ! ? What ? how it's possible ?? 
      So I have checked the code, and obviously, some PL plugin (like Elements), create some <h1> balises for their Header.... Great ! 
      So I have try to simply not use this Element's Header, leting them blanck. But <H1> balise is still there ! Empty but sill there ! ( <h1 class="elements-header" data-bind="plshortcode: header"></h1>).
      I have took Element as exemple, but it's the same for other PL plugins. Even if you let a part blank, PL plugin will create an empty balise ! :-(
      I'm not developper, and don't know PHP. But I guess it's possible to create a fonction, witch would say . 
      "if one balise is empty => then don't write it."
      What guy's do you think about that ?

There is a link to my website : http://www.wedding-photography-minneapolis.com/