Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basmati

WordPress icons in admin sidebar disappear

basmati    4
basmati

i use latest pagelines 2.4.4. and a child theme

every time i create an new child theme and activate it the wordpress sidebar menu icons disapper.

please take a look at the attached image.

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

How are you creating the child theme ?

Also, have you disabled all active plugins, removed all custom CSS/scripts and see if this resolves your issue ?

As I have several test sites, four of which are using the Base theme and the Wordpress option panel icons are visible.

Please search our forums, before posting!

basmati    4
basmati

i use a base theme from a pagelines server - since the big pagelines crash i can't say from where.

the pagelines version is the latest 2.4.4

its a fresh install of all software with no plugins!

thats interesting: click on a pagelines link in the backend admin sidebar and only pagelines icons are visible (pagelines and custom post types: Features, Boxes, Banners). when clicking on a wordpress admin link all icons are visible.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Is there anyway you can record this via Jing so we can see how the icons are disappearing/reappearing please.

basmati    4
basmati

i could use jing but you would not see much more than on the pictures. when clicking on the pagelines icons all wordpress icons disappear.

with wordpress latest version 3.8 the problem has disappeared.

but now after installing latest pagelines framework from launchpad the frontend of the page looks like the attached file.

i never experienced such strange behavior before...

could this be a server problem?

all other wordpress themes are looking good!

heres your movie :)

http://screencast.com/t/oJQU3v6o6Jr

this could be important: PHP Version on this server is "5.3.3-7.+squeeze18" ???

i have tested with other and older versions of pagelines and other pagelines child themes

- they all display "false frontend designs" (they look like css errors) - like the screenshot.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Can you enable PL Debug mode please so we can take a look, the setting can be found in Site Options > Advanced.

Also provide a link to your site please.

basmati    4
basmati

can i send you a message? the site is under construction - and you'll need a password.

Danny    1,327
Danny

You can email me - danny at pagelines dot com

basmati    4
basmati

You can email me - danny at pagelines dot com

here you are! :-)

debug is enabled

Danny    1,327
Danny

I need to be an admin, I don't have access to all the Wordpress settings - http://d.pr/i/PAYx

In regards to your CSS issue, add the following to your wp-config.php file.

Find WP_DEBUG

and add the following underneath:

define( 'PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL', true );

and see if that resolves your issue CSS issue.

• Like 1

basmati    4
basmati

ok, that worked - but can you tell me - what "no_dynamic_URL" in this case means?

do you still need admin privileges for the account?

Danny    1,327
Danny

PL_NO_DYNAMIC_URL forces the framework to ignore permalinks for the css so instead of wp-content/themes/pagelines/compiled-css-xxxx/ you will have its http://myurl?pageless=1

This is related to your server configuration.

I only needed admin access to check your Wordpress missing setting icons.

basmati    4
basmati

thats nice danny, but i updated wordpress to 3.8 and the issue disappeared .. i could downgrad wordpres ... if you want :-)

Danny    1,327
Danny

What do you mean you updated to Wordpress 3.8 and the issue disappeared, your CSS issue or your WP setting icons issue ?

Danny    1,327
Danny

OK, well I had a test site and had no issue with the wp setting icons disappearing, so it must have been related to something else. Happy to hear the update resolved that.

basmati    4
basmati

: can you tell me what is so special about my server configuration that caused the css issue - so i can remember for further projects ... ?!

basmati    4
basmati

so it must have been related to something else.

i had that issue on serveral projects - on different servers - but wp 3.8 should fix that for all other projects.

thanks danny!

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• tforasiepi
      By tforasiepi+
      I'm taking a site out of development and putting it online.  I need a little help with the Framework 5 interface and icon links because they are not converting to the new URL.  The site is in a sub-folder and I followed the WordPress docs, like I usually do, about Giving Wordpress Its Own Directory . i.e.
      In Settings>General>Site Address changed it to the final URL Copied the index.php and .htaccess files to the root folder Edited the index.php to point to the subfolder and saved the file Now the site is up and running and I can still edit the theme in the Dashboard but the Framework 5 front end interface does not load on each page at the top.  In addition, the Social Media icons, slider icons, etc... don't show up.  However, they are linking to their destinations correctly.  I feel like I can missing a final step.  Can anyone suggest a resource or solution?
      The site is:  http://www.mnkhan.com/
      Thanks in advance!

• jmorby
      By jmorby+
      We have multiple urls pointing to the same base site.  

When the site is accessed as www.fido.net the icons show fine but when accessed by one of the other aliases (such as www.voip.center) the icons just show as squares

I've previously searched the forums and found other people with the same problems, but I've never seen an answer to this

Attempting to search today and I keep being told I'm doing too many searches and / or there are no matching results ... I've asked through the chat on the site and have been told to ask the question here, so here I am.

If this has been answered before ... I can't find it ... so please post a link to the answer (not just "go search, you'll find it" - tried that)

If it hasn't been answered then it would be great to see a fix for this as it is proving troublesome to say the least
      I presume it is some form of xss / hotlinking protection, but I can't see how to disable it / list the "authorised" urls / etc

• bartoncollege
      By bartoncollege
      I was perusing the master list of Font Awesome icons at http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/ and noticed that there are many new ones that are not available in iBox's dropdown menu.  Will these be added in the next DMS update?
      Thanks.
      Ken.
    • hrachovec
      By hrachovec
      Hello:
      I'm using DMS2 which I understand is based on Bootstrap 2. I'm trying to insert a glyphicon based on the bootstrap 2 method here:
      http://getbootstrap.com/2.3.2/base-css.html#icons
      But it doesn't seem to work. My page is here:
      http://testing003.compoundeyedesign.com/
      My code is:
      <a href="/get-quote/"><i class="icon-envelope icon-white"></i> QUOTE</a> Any suggestions, or are the glyphicons just not part of DMS2?
      Thanks!
      Russell
    • oseehys
      By oseehys+
      Hi,

I need urgent assistance with this 3 shortcodes, i cant seem to find them on the forum.
       1.I need the css, to be able to add shopping cart to my Navbar the way it is on Pagelines.com Website.

2. I use this social media shortcodes for twitter and facebook ( [twitter_button type="follow"][like_button url=http://url-to-like.com]) i was only able to change the user for facebook, but could not add another twitter user, all sites round it was showing my twitter url instead of the specific user of that page, can you please show me how i can tweak the twitter follow button so that it will reflect other users not just the website twitter page?

3. How do i add a Youtube channel with this shortcode  ([pl_video type="youtube" id="CL1jPb0_Auc"] i tried adding a channel by embedding it in the media player html option, it will not show the channel, please can you show me how to add a channel not just a single video, A complete users channel?

I know Danny will ask that i refrain from asking multiple questions, but this questions are very much related so please pardon me if i am anxious to know the answers at once because i have tried all permutations i can think of without any solution, so here i am in the land of experts, regards.
      )