Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stephen

Depth Charge Stops Working

Stephen    3
Stephen

I'm having difficulty with the plugin Depth Charge. It works great then it suddenly stops working. I'm using a Mac and my client is on Windows and we both notice it. Is this an install issue or a configuration issue? I'm attaching a screenshot of the configuration. I need to make this work 100% of the time. Please help. 

etcio+    10
etcio

What do you mean when you say it stops working? Is there any rhyme or reason to it? Can you reproduce it? Do you have a live site I can do some testing on?

Stephen    3
Stephen

No, It freezes.  I've attached a screenshot. website was being viewed in the latest Firefox for Mac.  

You can check it out now.  Here is a link to the website: http://mjp.stephenjgaines.com/mrroboto

James B    436
James B

Hi there, following on from your email to the helpdesk we will chase up with the developer etcio for you.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

etcio+    10
etcio

No, It freezes.  I've attached a screenshot. website was being viewed in the latest Firefox for Mac.  

You can check it out now.  Here is a link to the website: http://mjp.stephenjgaines.com/mrroboto

I believe I handled this through a submitted ticket, correct?

• Similar Content

• antipodes
      By antipodes+
      Hi, 
      I've installed DMS2 and quickly found that the DepthCharge plugin corrupts my site - it gets stuck on the loading page after activating it in the plugin area.   

Will DepthCharge be updating to support DMS2?

Thank you!
    • marlenecassidy
      By marlenecassidy
      Hello!

I just bought the depthcharge plugin,

http://www.pagelines...ns/depthcharge/

and I would like to see examples of how other users have implemented and used it on their sites.

So please anyone who has a site using this plugin or anyone who has some links, I would appreciate it if you would share the links so I can see and get ideas and information about it.

Also anyone who knows of a more in depth (no pun) and step by step tutorial (beyond the instructions that come with it) of how to use it, I would really appreciate the link as well.

Thank you!

Marlene
    • webmktco
      By webmktco+
      I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to have two separate DepthCharge sections on a page.  

I'd like one in the header and another in the footer.

• mtaus
      By mtaus+
      Perhaps I'm missing something but I thought I'd share an issue I had with the installation of the Depth Charge section. I orginally posted this in the ETC support forum, but I thought it might be useful here.

When I downloaded the Depth Charge Section from PL, I uploaded the entire depthcharge folder to the sections folder on my site. I think this is correct and it seems to be the normal practice when adding new sections, but perhaps I'm wrong.

When I uploaded the entire folder, it contained certain js files here: /depthcharge/sections/depthcharge/js/

But when I installed the section it is looking for the js files here: /depthcharge/js/

I've copied the js folder back up to the correct path and the console errors have disappeared, i.e., the js files are loading and the parallax is working. Yea!

Now if only I can get the sprite image to center like it's supposed to.
    • imagineutopia
      By imagineutopia
      hi.

I have a DMS site thats locked up for about a week now.

I've tried turning off plugins. I have depthCharge on it and think I might have some images in there that are too big.

but if its on or not , the page is locked up in admin mode. none of the DMS options stuff shows.

what should I do?

this is the site: http://www.lexingtonsewage.com

this is a screen cap of admin mode: