Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kzwoelf

RevSlider Height

kzwoelf

Hi there,

just a short question - what's the easiest way to define the height of the revslider? For some reason I can not find the line of code I do need to change. Thx!

chrisayers

Throw this in your custom code and change the heights to what you need.

/* REV Slider Hacks */
.revslider-full {
  width: 100% !important;
  position: relative;
  padding: 0;
  max-height: 575px !important;
  overflow: hidden;
}
.revslider-container {
  position: relative;
  padding: 0;
  max-height: 575px !important;
  overflow: hidden;
}

James B

chrisayers Thanks for sharing

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

kzwoelf

Thanks chrisayers!

My final problem is that the images are being zoomed in into a way to big proportion. Is there a way to say that I need it only in XXpx instead of XXpx?

Danny

kzwoelf Not quite what you mean by Is there a way to say that I need it only in XXpx instead of XXpx?

Do you have a link to the site in question, so we can see your problem first hand.

Please search our forums, before posting!

kzwoelf

Danny sure - could we chat in skype on this matter?

Danny

I dont use Skype, as it doesn't like my Mac, it makes sound like its going to take off.

If you just provide a link to your site, and screenshot of what you currently have and what it is you would like, we may be able to assist you.

kzwoelf

ok Danny - here is the website: http://217.113.47.148/wordpress/?page_id=8

With firebug or similar tools I can gather that the image is:

style="width: 2230.221052631579px; height: 561px; position: relative; left: -565.5px; top: 0px; opacity: 1;"

but what I need the image to be is a width: 1133px and a hight of 285px; plus the position to the left should be "0".

If would be great if you could help me with this issue.

this is how it is suppose to look like: http://u66i.img-up.net/EvernoteHe5f7f.png

Danny

The RevSlider section is designed to be a responsive slider section therefore, you will need to make sure your images are large enough so that they can be used inside your content area, as well as the correct ratio, the RevSlider section has this documented inline on the sections settings.

You could try overriding the inline styles that have been calculated by using the following CSS:

#site .slotholder img {
height: auto !important;
left: 0 !important;
top: 0 !important;
}

sheilahoff

I have successfully used this tip on several sites. So THANK YOU!

I had written due to issues I was having after updating to DMS v1.1.7.3. I had NO idea that was a beta and it did indeed break my RevSlider. But I have since gone back to v1.5 and all is well. Couldn't delete this so thought I'd at least tell folks to watch out on those automatic upgrades!

Dev is at http://testing.hoffmangraphics.com/

Sheila

Sheila Hoffman | Hoffman Graphics | Seattle