Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

angelopc

Custom Post Types - Display Comments Section

angelopc    2
angelopc

I've added the Comments section to a CTP template. I've "allowed" comments and they are allowed in the CTP's settings. I can't get them to display, using PageLines, but they display just fine, using the TwentyTwelve theme.

I saw similar posts, but none offered a resolution, for me. Any help (or reference to an existing solution) would be greatly appreciated.

[attachment=1829:pagelines-ctp-comments.png]

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question please.

Also, can you take a screenshot of both your Page Template section area and your Content Area section area (basically, a full screenshot of the image you provided above).

Please search our forums, before posting!

angelopc    2
angelopc

Danny,

Before I go through all of that, I think I may have found the issue. What I've found is that, when I add the Comments section, and it says "Section Order Saved!", if I refresh the page, the Comments section is gone. It's like it isn't really saving the settings.

Firefox

Chrome

Internet Explorer

All have the same results.

angelopc    2
angelopc

Danny,

This issue is solved. Apparently, PageLines does not like special characters in the slugs of CTPs. I removed/renamed and everything appears to be working. Thanks for your time.

Ed

Danny    1,327
Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved. As far as I am aware you can't use special characters in custom post types (could be wrong).

angelopc    2
angelopc

Oh, you can use them (hyphens/dashes). You just can't use them with PageLines.

Danny    1,327
Danny

I haven't used PageLines Framework extensively in while, but I do remember creating multiple custom post types like so:

pc-games

ps4-games

xbox-games

And had no issues whatsoever. Also, not sure why the custom post type name would effect the visibility of the comments section on the CPTs? The issue may be related to how you're creating the CPTs. Also, you mention that its as though the settings are saving, this implies that it could be a cache issue or related to a plugin. I would disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

angelopc    2
angelopc

It wasn't really affecting the visibility. It was affecting the save process, somehow. Actually, it wasn't even the save process, because once I changed the slug, the previously saved sections appeared on the Drag & Drop template (the ones that looked as though they weren't being saved). Beyond that, I'm clueless as to why things would work that way.

• Similar Content

• art23130
      By art23130+
      I have uploaded a file shoing missing sections for Custom Post Type
      It is OK for categories and tags but not for a single post types. 
      This is the link. 
      https://www.geoinformation.com/geocode_library/10-10570-rsg-2016-003/
      Any idea?
      thanks 
      Binder1.pdf
    • PeriniNero
      By PeriniNero+
      We are building a Custom Post Type with Custom Fields and Custom Taxonomies.
      The only thing we dont understand is how to embed the Custom Fields including header tags and stuff in the Postloop (now we use a text-box below the postloop section but also SEO wise this is not best pratice).
      So we thought to copy the dms Postloop section to our child theme and rename this, to add an extra Postloop section to our theme. Is this the way?
      What exactly to adjust in those 3 files class.posts.php, section.php and style.less (at this point we know how to change the thumb LOL) and where to add the Custom Fields shortcodes?
      Thanks.
    • Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      I'm using plugins such as Events Manager and WP Glossary. Basically I need to edit the meta information and the breadcrumb for the custom post types Event and Term. The plugins instruct me to add a single-event.php and single-glossary.php in my (child) theme.
      What should I use as a basis for these files? Can I use the templates in the Framework main theme as a basis (tpl-a.php)? Or should I use the whole page.php file?

• ketri
      By ketri
      Hello,

When I select a page template for a custom post type page, it also selects the same template for the children of this custom post type. 
      I want to have my custom post type template as a heavily customized loop that I've developed myself, and the children (they are articles) as a completely another template.

Is there a function that would allow me to select different templates for them on DMS?

Thank you very much in advance.
    • dawsonbarber
      By dawsonbarber+
      Hi Enrique

I want to add a Starbar to a Custom Post Type.

I've tried to simply copy/paste the full section code from the source code, but the animation doesn't happen.

Any idea on what I'm missing/doing wrong?

Cheers

Dawson