Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

motionltd

Multiple Thumbnail posts layout like Anything Boxes, for DMS?

motionltd

Guys, I might be missing something, but it seems theres very little scope for displaying posts with DMS. With framework I used Anything boxes which was exactly what I wanted. Is there an equivalent for DMS? This is the layout I'm after, The video lounge at the bottom. Multiple columns and rows:

www.motor84.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

motionltd.com

Danny

Hi,

AnyThing Boxes was a third party extension, which hasn't been upgraded to run with DMS as far as I am aware. Therefore, you could use the Flipper section or use a third extension like Filtering - http://www.pagelines.com/shop/sections/filtering/

You could even use a plugin such as MiniLoops or Special Recent Posts, to create your own loop and apply the grid to it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

motionltd

Thanks Danny. Can the Flipper have more than 1 line? or does it only work as a horizontal scroll?

Ben

motionltd.com

James B

Hi there, each flipper unit will display only in one row, but you can duplicate and place one under another showing another category etc.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

motionltd

Thanks James. I couldn't find how to select categories in the Flipper. I see you can use Meta tags to group them, but categories would be better.

Ben

motionltd.com

Danny

You can select a category in Flipper, make sure you have select post and then publish the changes, then you should see the following option when you click edit.

http://d.pr/i/hk2h

motionltd

I see, thanks Danny!

Ben

motionltd.com

Danny

No problem.