Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frederic

using shortcodes in sections

Frederic

hi there,

I have read in the docs and forum that we can use shortcodes in sections but i have tried several times in text box section and nothing happens - just the line appears as it is.

???

Danny

Hi,

The TextBox section uses the do_shortcode() Wordpress function, if you're using a shortcode and it doesn't work then its likely an issue with that particular shortcode. Some users have found that if they add the shortcode to the TextBox title field, this appears to work. I have created an issue regarding this.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Frederic

yes, I just saw that in the forum that it works - but i never managed to get a single one working ... thanks for considering the issue.

Danny

No problem, I will update the issue again and see if there is any news as to why some shortcodes do not work correctly.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon

Can you provide at least one shortcode that does not work, and the location of the textbox.

Frederic

Good morning Simon!

I knew it would happen!

I was reflecting on interdependent arising this morning - you know this phenomenon described in quantum physics and buddhism that says that something comes to life when you look at it and that the quality of the looking determines the quality of the emergence ...

So when i saw your message this morning, I knew the shortcodes would work ... and they do! 

It really made me smile!

Apologies - i had pasted them in the text box and because nothing appeared like it usually does when you put something in the text box, I assumed they were not working - but this morning I saw they appear on reload ... so it seems everything is just fine ... Many thanks, it justifies the saying that the presence of an enlightened being is enough to bring enlightenment to another being! :-)

Now, can I have one quick question?

I have inserted the social share shortcodes but they all come up stacked on top of each others although i put them in line like this:

([pinterest] [like_button url=http://url-to-like.com] [googleplus] [linkedin] [twitter_button] [twitter_button type="follow"]) 

Any idea what i can do to get them on a single line?

Many thans again and i hope you do not mind the bit of philosophy! :-)