Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Logan

Content/PostLoop - Featured Image Sizing Issue

Ryan Logan

Hello.  I'm completely stumped on this one.  I have a site blog configured for List Layout Mode.  The first two posts that I configured to use a Featured Image, worked perfectly.  Meaning, if you look at the posts "Leather" and "Be Bold", they are showing the Featured Image as I would hope.  Now, as soon as set a Featured Image, for any other post, the image is cropped.

As a test, I inserted the same Featured Image from "Be Bold" into one of the "cropped posts" and the image looked perfect still.  So, it seems the issue is following the images around.

Now, I would understand this, if this was happening to random images here and there...but the Featured Image cropping is happening EXACTLY the same across the board.  Meaning, other than the two posts that look great, all others look exactly the same as far as the cropping goes.

Why do two, Featured Images look perfect, but all others are cropped incorrectly?  Stumped!

The site is www.savvysouk.com.

Thank you.

Ryan

Ryan Logan

The Content/PostLoop defaults to Magazine Layout w/ 2, Full-width posts.  I wonder if there is something to that.?  When you switch to List Layout Mode, does that number ("2") get stuck/coded somewhere.?  Hmmm....

Ryan Logan

The answer to "When you switch to List Layout Mode, does that number ("2") get stuck/coded somewhere.?" appears to be  a big "No",

On one of my other DMS sites (ryanleelogan.com), I switched from Magazine Layout (2, Full-width posts) to List Layout and inserted 2, Featured Images.  Both images seem to have cropped to the correct aspects.

So, I guess the remaining question now becomes:  On the savvysouk.com site, why are there two, Featured Images with different dimensions, than all other posts?

Danny

Hi,

Not sure as to why on that site your two posts have larger images than the rest, I am not even able to recreate the issue. If you use the Thumbnail setting Left Justified, Left in Excerpt or Right in Excerpt those options use the Thumbnail for that image, usually 150x150 pixels.

Therefore, the issue is most likely caused by a custom script or a plugin, another issue is that your images are simply far too large, there is no need for your images to be this size - http://savvysouk.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Forever-21-houndstooth-coat.jpg

I recommend you reduce them, to something smaller especially if they're all over 1mb, that image I linked is 1.7mb, its simply too large for its being used for.

So I recommend you disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools and then install a plugin and run the Thumbnail Regen plugin - http://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

Then see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Ryan Logan

Thank you.  We'll give this a shot today and report back.

TourKick (Clifford P)
Yeah, regenerate thumbnails and see if that does it for you. This may also be helpful: http://www.pagelinestheme.com/stop-cropping-featured-images/