Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lexlex88

JS query causing slow page speed performance

lexlex88

Hi, 

I've been struggling with optimizing my site speed for a few days. I ultimately moved from shared hosting to DV, and although I now have a lower google-pagespeed rating, my site is actually faster and much more responsive. Same thing on tools.pingdom.com, I went from a 91 to an 81, but the site is still faster than it was before. 

Anyway, I found the DMS js scripts in the attached screenshot are slowing me down, is there anyway to suppress them? Are they necessary, can I remove them? 

parallax

pl.common

bootstrap

easing

fitvids

resize

viewport

waypoints

migrate

I could sacrifice the parallax and animations at least for speed if thats the case, but I'm sure theres a way to keep all these and optimize the performance. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Site in question is: designsqr.com

Thanks!

Danny

HI,

What do you mean by DV ?

Also, you can't suppress the DMS scripts otherwise DMS will no longer function. In regards to them actually slowing your site, I don't how this can be as I have no issue with page speed on my FlyWheel test site or my Digital Ocean test site.

Therefore, its most likely either your server configuration or you have other scripts/plugins causing the issue.

From what I can see you have no cache plugin or CDN active, see our optimize documentation for assistance - http://docs.pagelines.com/advanced/optimize-load-time

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny

No problem, happy to hear your issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a few weeks ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• tuciudadenred
      By tuciudadenred+
      Hi everyone, what happens is that the web page metrosalarmas.com has a google tags which I have not attacked where I can look to remove those tags and be able to locate the correct ones.
    • Steve Webb
      By Steve Webb+
      I am having an issue with DMS editor not loading.  Just keeps spinning and spinning.
      Have tried several things - Logged in and out, cleared cache, deactivated all plugins, but the issue persists.
      I even had our host restore from a backup a week ago, when I know it WAS working, as I edited a text box on the homepage.  The restore from backup didn't help either.
      Also, the front end of the site shows that the site is framed, or boxed now (whatever you call it), instead of full width as it was previously (last week).
      Dev console shows that there are php errors in Google maps - file is attached.
      Can someone please help?  Not sure what else I can do here...
      Thanks in advance.
      -Matt

• JawDesigns
      By JawDesigns
      Hi everyone,
      Flywheel have reported errors on my clients site 'www.racewaredirect.co.uk' and it's not loading. Can someone please provide some information on how to fix this? The site has never experienced these issues before.
      Thanks,
      James Wilson
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Hi there,
      I've got an issue with 3 websites built with DMS since I migrated them from http to https that I need help with please.
      When any changes are made - e.g. new posts added or existing posts amended - certain sections of the live site seem to break e.g. image headers hang and don't load (b/g on canvas section), sliders hang and don't load (Revslider), flipper section doesn't load.
      Logging in and then clicking 'Edit the site using DMS' seems to fix the problem. Often if I try to open up another browser window to edit the site / re publish I'm unable to as the page wont load / hangs while trying to load.
      Any ideas how to fix this? On a couple of the sites I've installed a caching plugin as I thought it might be a loading speed issue but it's still happening.
      Website URL's can be provided privately.
      Many thanks in advance.