Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2Sekunder

Adding a "NEWS SECTION"

2Sekunder

Hey all,

I am quite new with all this, but loving it already. I actually paid for the personal edition, but I cannot enter the forum, so I MIGHT have added some features, which are not usually in the free edition. I apologize for the fuss :)

Anyway, I am making my homepage locally right now before going on air, and I want to add a little section right under the slider displaying the last post form another page (which I will call "News" :)) 

I've attached a picture showing how it looks at the moment, and where I want it to be (the red bar indicate where)

Thank you in advance. It is truly a great program for a novice as me. 

Regards, Michael

Danny

HI,

Not sure what you mean, as there is no News section in DMS core ?

If you wish to display the latest post from a specific category, you will need to use a plugin, such as Special Recent Posts or MiniLoops, which you can find on the Wordpress plugin repo. Then use that plugins shortcode in a MediaBox or TextBox.

Please search our forums, before posting!

2Sekunder
Thanks for the reply, Danny. I guess,that is what I am looking for. But where should I enter that code? Just in HTML section? Sorry for stupid questions.

Danny

You can add the shortcode anywhere you like, such as the Content/PostLoop section. However, I would probably add it to a MediaBox or TextBox section.

Please search our forums, before posting!