Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Logan

New Site Developed w/ DMS - Fatal Error - Site Down

Ryan Logan

Recently purchased DMS Business and was wrapping up the migration from Framework v2.4.4 to DMS 1.1.4, when the site just experienced the error below.  I made no changes to the section.php.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function pl_global_option() in /home/content/12/11861112/html/wp-content/themes/pagelines/sections/features/section.php on line 45

Site is www.savvysouk.com

I tried uploading a new section.php as suggested in a previous post, but that did not fix the problem.  

Please help.  Thank you.

Ryan

Simon

You cant simply upload the DMS files into the PageLines Framework folder, they are two different products. It simply wont work

Upload the DMS files to a new folder at wp-content/themes/dms Then visit the themes page, you will see DMS there as a new WP theme, activate it.

Some settings will be carried over but not all. DMS is very different to PageLines Framework.

Ryan Logan

Let me say this a different way.  My site was Framework v2.4.4.  Without doing anything else, I installed the DMS 1.1.4 theme AND ACTIVATED IT.  All was working well, until this error message appeared.

A quick Google search yielded a result that said to replace section.php with a fresh copy, for the pagelines theme folder, NOT THE DMS folder.  I tried that and it did not work.

Ryan Logan

As it stands now, the site has the following themes installed:  pagelines framework 2.4.4, DMS 1.1.4 and the built-in "thirteen".

Site is down.

Simon

Well I have no way to tell where you have put files by looking at a fatal error.

DMS does not included a features section folder, and by activating DMS it would not look in another themes folder.

The only things I can think of is your pagelines folder has both PageLines Framework and DMS files all together.

WordPress is still looking in the pagelines folder, so that must be the last active theme.

My advice is this, start fresh.

Rename pagelines folder to pagelines_old

Delete dms folder

Now visit wp-admin, wordpress will revert to default theme because it wont find the active theme files.

Now reupload the dms theme files to dms folder.

Activate dms theme

If you want to go back to PageLines Framework id suggest deleting the pagelines_old folder and uploading a fresh copy to pagelines folder.

Ryan Logan

Thank you!  Thank you!  Back in business, by following your steps to get DMS rolling again.  : )