Sign in to follow this  
rubens

Full width slideshow

rubens

Hi there, first of all I would like to thank you for yuor wonderful job with these WP themes. They're awesome. Getting to the point: I'd like to rearrange the featured page to get a slideshow playing inside the feature area, covering all the available space. In other words, I want to get rid of the text that is on the left side leaving the full space to the images.

cmunns

There is an option for that when you create each feature. When you create a new feature just scroll down and you'll see some different options. I believe it's "design-style"

rubens

Thanks cmunns for the fast reply. I've been trying to work my feature out but I couldn't find the solution. The "desing-style" option doesn't exist and the closest one might be the "feature background (CSS optional)"; without any code knowledge I am completely stuck at this point. Just to clarify, I would like to get a feature page like this one, with the picture spread on all the available the space, and possibly with the feature text in transparency.

rubens

That link helped me so much! Now I am on the right road but still need some advice. That CSS class you mentioned, should I insert it straight into the css file or through the IblogPro featured setup?

Andrew

Hey Dom, Just add it to custom css or if you want, create a child theme and add it to that :) Most the time, you shouldn't edit the core theme files (if you can help it)

rubens

Ok, I add the code inside the custom CSS SqomE.png but I didn't get any results. By the way, where these custom css are saved?

Andrew

You might need a higher level of specificity... are you using the Firebug plugin for Firefox? The custom css is stored in your database :)

rubens

yep, I use Firebug as you suggest. In fact I've made some little changes but don't where to save them. I've seen that inside the style.css file, that is stored inside the iblogpro folder, there is a reference to a custom.css file that I cannot find anywhere. I know, I'am a crap on coding, but am positive on finding a solution eventually!

dvanton

Domenico, thank you for asking this question. I am stuck on the same thing. I am also on iBlogPro. Do you have a link to your site to see how far you've gotten with it?

bryan-hadaway

That Custom CSS area you're placing your code is the correct spot, so you're good there. Yes, let's get a link and have a look. Thanks, Bryan

rubens

I am working in a local wordpress installation.. as soos as I can I try to upload in a domain test so all you can see how (less) far I've gone. sorry but I have some work to do now and cannot spend to much time. anyway, adding that code inside the custom CSS didn't bring any results or create custom.css files.

rubens

So, at this URL http://www.le3venezie.com/?page_id=2 I set up a feature page and inserted the css code inside the "custom code" panel. But I get any results. BTW, looking at the e.g. haDYP.png, should there be a semicolon after the text style?

cmunns

Yes i see the style there for the feature full width but it is being overridden by the pro.css which means that we may have the same CSS format as Platform before we fixed it. At any rate you can fix this by using `body #feature .fmedia` as the selector instead.

kazam

Hello, Could You guys help me with the same problem on EcoPro ? Please write me whole code to put in '<>Custom Code' The fact is I want to use Slideshow Gallery 2 by Cameron Preston - it works on our page but there is no full width on the top of the site