Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NBI

Sharebar: Facebook not working

NBI    0
NBI

The Facebook-button on my Sharebar isn't showing. In the Settings, I have enabled Facebook and also filled out both a Facebook Page Name as well as a Facebook App ID. (see the image below).

It seems there might be a general problem - the like button also isn't showing up in the Pagelines Documentation for shortcodes

- I also have another problem. See how the width for the ShareBar area is 12/12? Why is the LinkedIn-button shown below the rest? It looks messy.

30ti8lw.jpg

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Can you disable all active plugins (except for DMS Pro Tools) and also, enable DMS Debug mode (DMS Toolbar > Settings > Advanced) as well as providing a link to the site in question.

Please search our forums, before posting!

NBI    0
NBI

Hi Danny - thanks for the quick reply.

I can't disable all plugins since the site is live and needs to have them. The site is located at the URL that's listed privately on this profile. Press "blog" in the top right hand corner to access the Pagelines site.

I have enabled the debug mode :)

Danny    1,327
Danny

Unfortunately, we can not provide support to users who do not disable all active plugins except for DMS Pro Tools, as a plugin could be the cause of the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

NBI    0
NBI

Okay, Danny, I've deactivated all but DMS Professional Tools. Take a look now :)

James B    436
James B

Hi there, is debug still checked on your site? I can't get into the debug url.

However, when I click on the facebook like in the sharebar it does seem to be working - http://screencast.com/t/BogukQeq make sure you're logged into facebook when testing this.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

NBI    0
NBI

Yes, debug is still active.

Weird, it may be one of the plugins then, 'cause I can see the like button there now as well.

Though, I still can't see it on your documentation page as I wrote above. Do you think it might be a bug?

James B    436
James B

Which browser are you using? I'm wondering if it could be browser related as I can still see the facebook like on the docs http://screencast.com/t/cA3PgXcm7vj

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

evscicats    14
evscicats

Do you have web filtering at your location that's active?  I am a school teacher and when I'm at work, my school district blocks Facebook on certain WiFi networks we have setup for staff and students.  If my computer is connected to one of the content restricted WiFi networks, I have to use my security override to get to Facebook.  Once I can view Facebook, the little Facebook share icons will become visible.

• Similar Content

• arno
      By arno+
      The counter next to the icon in the Sharebar extension adds more mess than value for us. 
      Is there an easy way/code to hide the counter? (so that the icons line up closer?)
    • bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      Is there an easy CSS fix to change the social media icons in Sharebar so they are colored, not just on hover?
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Regarding the 'global option' mentioned by Simon in this previous post (to turn off the facebook opengraph data if you are using another plugin that provides it) ...where is this option? I don't seem to be able to find it.
      Many thanks in advance.

• JudithKlinger
      By JudithKlinger+
      I'm sure this is just user fatigue...but where is the setting to delete the Facebook button in the Splash section of Teamwork? You'd think it would be in the Splash area, but it seems
      to be hiding elsewhere!  You can barely see it... I didn't even notice it until I changed the image.