Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bonnysteele

Nav Classic Dropdowns not showing

bonnysteele

Hi, my menu (nav classic) drop downs stopped working. Can someone help? My site is www.ewiabq.org. I've attached my menu structure.

James B

Hi there, there was nothing attached to your post unfortunately.

Have you checked the option for drop downs is ticked in the header and footer panel - http://screencast.com/t/fIDA8mcjgMu

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bonnysteele

Thanks for responding. Yes I have all those boxes checked. Seems my drop downs were working one day and then later they weren't. I'm worried there's some script or code interfering? I've attached the menu structure this time. Thanks.

James B

Hi there

That all looks correct. Have you tried disabling any third party plugins to see if there is a script/code conflicting?

Have you added any css for the nav? If so please try removing to see if this resolves the drop downs.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

bonnysteele

Ok. That didn't seem to work either. I did have come custom css making my menu text larger and bolded. Now that's gone, my menu is tiny and the dropdowns still don't work. More ideas?

Bonny

greenfly

If your Custom CSS isnt working - try this, go to the CSS Validator tool here http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/#validate_by_input

Copy your Custom CSS from your site and paste the code into the 'Direct input' area. 

The validator tool will report any issues with your CSS and tell you on which line the error occurs specifically. 

One typo in your CSS can stop all your CSS loading. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

bonnysteele

Thanks Martin, I don't have any custom CSS on this site (just deleted my one line of code) but I'll remember this for the future!

James B

Hi there,

The drop downs still don't seem to be active, please create an admin level log in for pl and email to hello@pagelines.com, we'll log in and take a look at the admin side to see if we can work out what's happening for you.

James B

bonnysteele

I've sent in the admin user. Hope to hear back soon. Thanks for your help.

Danny

The issue is although you have created your menu, you haven't assigned it to the Nav Classic menu area. To do this, go to Appearance > Menus and then scroll down to the bottom of your Menu and you should see the following:

http://d.pr/i/OMGC

Check the box that says Primary Website Navigation

http://d.pr/i/YCHU

Then click the Save Menu button, once saved, go to your website, refresh the page and your menu should now be active. If you require further assistance with configuring the Wordpress Menu, I recommend you view the Wordpress documentation.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bonnysteele

Thanks for the tip Danny but that box was already checked. :/

James B

Hi Bonny just emailed you back, went to log into your site but this all seems to be working now. From viewing both logged in as admin and logged out as a user.

James B

bonnysteele

Hi James, Sorry, I gave you the wrong website in my email. it's ewiabq.org. :) Can you take a look again?

Danny

Thanks for the tip Danny but that box was already checked. :/

Can you email me your admin username and password please - danny at pagelines dot com

Please search our forums, before posting!