Sign in to follow this  
pemburu

Custom Sidebar

pemburu

I would like to use different set of sidebars for my default page and single post page. I've tried using the universal sidebar for the default page and primary sidebar for single post page but the primary sidebar keeps showing up in default page and the universal sidebar seems not to work. Can somebody help me with this?

Andrew

Couldn't you use 'section control' to handle this? e.g. turn off by default; or turn on, on individual pages and posts?

pemburu

Okay I tried the method and I know this should word but the content doesn't show up.

cmunns

Can you provide links or explain further?

cmunns

Did you see the toggle in the template setup area for "advanced setup" on each section. There you can control what shows on the main blog page.

nicomar

Hello again :) I got a similar problem : I'd like to have 5 different sidebars, but I know that 4 is possible : primary, secondary, tertiary and universal. But in my pages (NOT blog page ;) I can't use the primary sidebar : it always comes in double. In "control section", I can see "Sidebar1" with all widgets to check and "sidebar wrap" with only "primary sidebar" to check. When I check only one and save, the both comes checked by themselves, and always stays. So I have no choice : display nothing or display double. If everything is allowed (on blog page for example, it comes on top and bottom of sidebar contents. I hope I'm clear, finally the problems comes from the primary sidebar. DO you think it's possible to add more sidebars ?

Andrew

Hey Mary, Haven't seen this issue... post a live link?

cmunns

Adding another sidebar wouldn't be too tough if you want to do that I'll show you how.

nicomar

Hello, Would you still be ok to show me how to add another(fourtiary?:) Thx for help.

pemburu

Still having problems with this. First of all, what I'm using is this template on my blog(ariffshah.com). I'm using primary sidebar on the home page. On single pages, I managed to use hooks and inserted a couple of custom items using the php if(is_single()). That settles it but when I'm using a full width template (which means I dont want the sidebar, the custom item I put will be displayed BELOW my entry and IN THE MIDDLE. I have to remove the php is single to remove it. I've experimented with almost all possible solution, the closest is by using universal sidebar. The problem with that is again, the sidebar is displayed below the entry and in the middle, not on the side (which is ironic because it is called sidebar). The problem now is that I cant use the full width template without making my blog look weird. I'm hoping to see this issue being rectified in the next update. Thanks.

cmunns

Hey Guys, Andrew informed me that in the next update the Base child theme will have a new sidebar.

nicomar

Hello :) I just update and have one quetion about sidebars. On this page, I have a primary sidebar above the other one. I did not set it, it came with update I guess, I can't find the settings via widgets. I'm still looking for a way to have different sidebars on the 5 pages of my site. May you give me your help please :) Thank you so much.

Gavin_

Hey guys Its a great theme but the sidebars thing does seem a little complicated. I've only just partially got it. In the main template settings Am I right in thinking that Sidebar 1 and Sidebar 2 refer to whether you have 1 or 2 sidebars on your page/blog and then you can add whether you want to have primary or secondary or tertiary or universal included in either sidebar 1 or 2? Although if you choose to have a single sidebar wouldn't this mean that you can't use sidebar 2? Even if you hide in section control?

bryan-hadaway

Forwarding to developers. Thanks, Bryan