Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catherine

"Categories" drop-down menu not working in MoreFoot Middle

Catherine

Hello,

I have a problem with the "categories" drop-down menu in the MoreFoot Middle section of my blog (www.absolutelymerle.com). When I click on one of the categories in the menu - nothing happens. The blog is not refreshing the page to show a list of posts related to a particular category.  :(

I've never had the "categories" widget as as drop-down menu in this section before today  -  I've only ever had the "categories" displayed here as a list. Consequently, I have never noticed the problem before. (The links to the categories work perfectly when displayed in list form.)

The "categories" drop-down menu in my Primary Sidebar works perfectly, as do both of the "archives" drop-down widgets (in the Primary Sidebar and MoreFoot Middle sections.)

I was wondering if there might be a bug in the version of Pagelines Framework I am using at the moment? Or Wordpress? 

I haven't altered/changed any major code for my blog. (Only some minor CSS using the Pagelines Customize plugin editor).

I am currently using Pagelines Framework Version 2.4.4 and Wordpress 3.7.1.

Hoping somebody can help me out!

Many thanks in advance!   :)

Danny

HI,

I have just added the default Archives and Categories widget from Wordpress to my MoreFoot sidebars the same way you have on your site and the drop downs work without any issue. Therefore, its likely your issue is related to a plugin. Disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Catherine

Hi,

I just did as you suggested and undertook a bulk deactivate of all the plugins. Then I refreshed/rechecked my site. Unfortunately, It didn't resolve the issue, so I've reactivated the plugins again. 

James B

Could you test the same widget in the sidebar for us to see if it works in there?

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

Catherine

Hi!

Yes, the widget works perfectly in the sidebar.

This issue has got me stumped so I am just going to remove the Morefoot "categories" drop down and revert it to the list I had before.

Many thanks everyone for your helpful suggestions!

Danny

I added the widgets so my MoreFoot area was an exact duplicate of your layout, the category drop down menu worked without any issues. Therefore, it has to be a plugin or custom script effecting the drop down functionality.

Did you try removing all custom code and scripts ?

Please search our forums, before posting!