Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andylemay

Copy section between DMS sessions

andylemay

Hi DMS team,

Are we able to copy a section e.g. boxes between two open DMS sessions?

This would save me having to recreate the item on another page.

Thanks

Andy

Danny

Hi Andy,

What do you mean by two open DMS sessions ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

andylemay

Same site, two DMS editing windows open in Chrome in different pages.

Can we drag and drop between pages?

Danny

No you can't drag and drop between tabs/windows. You can purchase the Copy and Pasta plugin as that is what it does as far as I know, I haven't used it personally.

http://www.pagelines.com/shop/plugins/copypasta/

andylemay

Hi Danny,

Ok very good.  I'll take a look.

Thank you

Andy

Danny

No problem.

nfp1900

I suggested being able to save your own styled sections to a temporary library as a feature request but it's probably not easy to implement. Sometimes you just need the same thing on a different page without starting over again...

andylemay

How about a simple copy and paste capability?

Danny

I suggested being able to save your own styled sections to a temporary library as a feature request but it's probably not easy to implement. Sometimes you just need the same thing on a different page without starting over again...

As far as I am aware this will be possible in the future, or something similar anyway.

andylemay

Thanks Danny

Are there plans to introduce the old pagelines pro functionality as sections in DMS As part of DMS and not extra paid plugin's e.g tabs, accordions.  I can do it with a media box but it's a bit messy.

James B

Do you mean the PageLines Framework shortcodes? Like on here - http://demo.pagelines.me/tools/

These still work in DMS, I'm not aware that they'll be made in to their own sections though.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B

andylemay

Hi James, yes exactly.

I am using the short codes for tabs via the media box section but it is just a bit messy.  The questions around whether you will include this as part of DMS soon.  I know I can buy a third party tabs plug in from your site, but why buy functionality you have!

Thanks 

Andy

James B

Yeah I see what you mean, the developers of those products in the store have created them for that reason, to avoid having to write out all the shortcodes in a textbox/media box etc. I don't think there are any plans for the shortcodes to be turned into sections including in the main dms product. I'll suggest it to core team though.

Kindly search the forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

James B